Dpruess' Diabolical Doctrines~
1) Tactics Trainer everyday! About 10 minutes or 2 missed ones. Go over the missed ones at least 3 times to really learn it.
2) Analyze 10 of my games & look for weaknesses in playstyle
3) Before making a move, say outloud why you're making that move, and why it's better than your 2nd choice.
4) Analyze master game(s) of openings I don't play. (example)
4.5) Money given to Dpruess & chess skill level are directly linked ;)
5) Stay away from chess engines until around 2000+ USCF
6) Use analysis board sparingly to practice visualing combinations
7) Computer Workout
8) Store games in databases for later review
Thanks so much Dpruess! They've really been a help :)
IM David Pruess is an integral part of chess.com. He is the "Director of Professional Content and Relations," creates informative videos, completely reworked Computer Workout, & hosts the legendary "Your Games Analyzed." On top of all that he spends every waking second just being a great guy!