Is the USA a Socialist country. Well, if Obama-Care gets passed, and the Cap & Trade bill gets passed, then 51% of the American economy will be under complete government control. At that point, the issue will be moot. However, I think we've been headed that way for quite some time. Let me give you a few quotes from Thomas Jefferson, and see if the Federal government (all three branches
) has been complicit in getting us some of the way there...
- The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
- I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
- My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
- To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Well, what do you think? Do any of these quotes stir in you an inkling of recognition? Has our Federal government violated the Constitution and allowed some/all of these things to happen that Thomas Jefferson "warned" us about so many years ago? You decide.
BTW, it'll probably help if you fully understand what type of government we're supposed to have, and compare it with what we have today. Here's an excerpt from "Overview of America", produced by The John Birch Society. It's narrated by John McManus:
This should bring you up to speed.