14624 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
think your the best?man im i glad to meet you
''to tell you the truth''im sick of loosingbut then who isnt...
''please give me any advice''
from opening's middleand end
as simple as dont underestimate your apponent
or e4 opening is the best opening,i will definitely answer your adviceand one day beat you with it''''one day''
Also use the resources here such as game data bases and ur analysis board to help u learn the openings better and plan your game out more. Here is a link to other useful advice; ok try that this time, http://home.comcast.net/~danheisman/Articles/Dan_sayings.html
Hope this all helps.
Hi Penpal! I'm not the highest here but I'm over 2000+ and i have seen one or 2 of ur games and here is my advice.
1# Learn basic opening principles better. U get the pawn in the center and then u neglect ur development to much. So get ur army out before going for serious attacks for a start. Those principles in simple fashion are;
1.) Control center, with pawns is best, (until u gain better positional understand and knowing how ur pieces work for u better). Don't play more then 2 pawns out! Other wise u neglect 2nd principle which is; Develop your pieces! An army at home asleep is as good as dead! Thats includes ur king! 3rd:- Castle quickly and often for kings safety, but make sure ur doing it when the time is right and ur safe to do it.
2# Don't give pieces away!Look before u make a move to see if ur pieces can be taken easily by ur opponent. And once again after u have just finished calculating in case u have forgotten if any was in danger.
If u need help with anything else just ask send me by messege or something.
November 21, 2008
I don't THINK I'm the best, but I have some simple rules I follow when playing Chess. First of all just what RATINGS do you have?
I ask this question, because, persoanlly, I don't play against players with the same RATING or LESS than I have. I will ONLY play against players with fifty... to one hundered and fifty points ABOVE me.
So, I can learn how to play BETTER Chess!!
Another rule I follow for myself..... I don't play against five or more players at the same time. Why? Because, it's possible to go thru what I'd like to call...."Chess Fatigue"
I am SURE of this because, 98% of ALL opponents I have played against.. MAY just be better players than myself... but they are a TIRED bunch of players!! Their RATINGS? Not even worthy of beginners... in the 1500 and 1600 RANGE! Where they USED to enjoy HIGH RATINGS before they BURNED OUT!
So, you see, there are certain RULES I follow for myself. And maybe these RULES... may just work in your favor.
1. Lay out the GROUND rules for yourself, as to HOW MANY players you will take on at he same time.
2. Play against MUCH better opponents than yourself. This way, you will get accostomed to playing against GOOD PLAYERS... and LEARN quicker!
3. Remember the RATINGS game: If you LOSE against a good player, you lose a few points. However, if you should LOSE against an inferior opponent... you will LOSE a lot of points!
4. Try playing against the computer. Can you win against the computer? I play against the computer, and I have won six straight games already. This is HOW you can gauge yourself, as to your SKILLS!
5. I consider my rating of 1844 to be VERY LOW. I won't consider myself a worthy opponent until my rating goes to 2300 and 2400. Then, and only then... will I take Chess rather seriously!
6. Above all.... remember this. GOD did NOT give everyone the same amount of talent, or SKILLS. Some have more TALENT or SKILLS than others! But, never under estimate yourself. In other words... DON'T get discouraged. Tomorow will always be ANOTHER day! Also, if you have had ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER (ADD) in the past... go see a specialist. Chess is a game of CONCENTRATION, utmost.... concentration!
These are just STARTERS... but they have worked for me.
View complete profile
by penpal 5 years ago
sick of losing
teach me some more
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!