Great news from the iOS team! We just pushed a long-awaited update of our app to the Store. It was a long time coming but we're super excited to finally have it done - and it's a HUGE update!
Please note that iPhone 5 support is yet to come (but won't be long) - but in the meantime look at all the goodies!...
- Our app is now multi-lingual! It supports Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish!
(We are now optimizing all screens to handle longer words & phrases. If you find anything that's poorly translated, please email us at "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the details!)
- Upgrade to premium membership via easy in-app purchase!
- Greatly improved connection to Live Chess server!
- Always see your current rating in Tactics Trainer!
- Challenge your Facebook friends!
- Share your games via Facebook and Twitter!
- A snazzy new Chess Clock utility for your table-top games!
- Analysis boards now have the full move list in online chess: Analyze any previous position!
- View computer evaluation right above the analysis board as you make moves! Perfect for "explaining" the end of a tactics puzzle! (Of course, this feature cannot be used for games in progress.)
- Make moves in "No vacation" tournaments while you are on vacation!
- Online games now split into "Your Move" & "Their Move" sections
- "Recently Finished" list shows games that ended since you last opened the app
- Hear a warning sound at the 10-second mark in Live games
- Check the Videos page for a new "How to Play Chess" video course; it's taught by IM Danny Rensch & FREE for all users!
- Many other minor fixes and interface improvements!
Get it from the App Store!
We hope you enjoy it! (We certainly are!) :)
Till next time!
Don't be the last to know! Track this blog!