9705 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Last updated on 12/28/11 5:04 PM.
yep, this one is quite bad
why do the knights come out and go back again?
a begginer would probably do that
1. Beginners often play this. 1. f3 took away the natural Nf3. Nge2 isn't that pleasant.
2. 1...f5 is okay, but it does not have any effect on the game.
3. 2. g4 prepares a fianchetto however initiated by either 1. f4 fxg4 or 1. h3, 2. f4, 3. Bg2.
4. 2... Nf6 finally develops. However, the main line is Nc3, Nb4, sneaking on the queenide.
5. 3. Nh3?? still threatens Ng5, but Nf3 adds fire to a central square (which puts Black into reality) e5 and still the usual counterattack square g5. Note that Nc3 and Na3 still put b5 an attack square and d5, a central square.
6. 3...Ng8???? just loses tempo. Make sure that you wait for a couple of moves before going back. However don't move back if it makes you undeveloped.
7. 4. Ng1 evens out the tempo. Remember the statement above!
8. 4... f4 finally does something useful. Gains space! If 5. e4, 5... fxe3 and 6. dxe3(isolated pawn) Note: Gain space only on king's and queen files or the bishop files. You should barely gain any space on the edge and knight's files.
Hey i'm new and need some help
1. f3 e5 2. g4 Qh4#
You must be logged in to edit this page.
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com