10804 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Since 1954, the ACC is the Washington DC area's oldest continuously operating chess club.
Meets Fridays at 7:00 PM. Join us for our weekly ladder matches!
Annual Membership fee is $50 for adults, $40 for children 18 and under.
Lyon Village Community House
1920 N. Highland Street
Arlington, VA, 22201
The Arlington Chess Club meets every Friday night beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the basement of the Arlington Forest United Methodist Church at 4701 Arlington Boulevard in Arlington, Virginia.
Check out the 2 events on our schedule:
1) Vette City 960 -- Nov. 2010 -- awesome new tournament format!!!
2) WKU Open April 16-17 2011 --- exciting tournament last year had GM, Im, 2xFM, many over 2000 Plus excellent facilities and great competition!
I think you have to pay to play--I'm not sure about merely spectating.
It would be a good idea to acquire a club chess set quickly (I got mine from Amazon for $25).
Google Maps estimates the walk at about 3/5 mile, or 12 minutes
Hello! I hope all is well.
1) If I'd like to just come and see what ACC is like, do I still need to pay the $50?
2) Am still a rookie in the world of chess, so I apologize if this question seems ignorant, but, when I do visit ACC, should I bring my own chess set, or are there sets on hand?
3) How long of a walk is it from Clarendon Metro to ACC?
Login now to see clubs near you. Not a member? Sign up now for free!
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!