Blackman's - practical lessons
New to Chess ( <1000), Beginner (1000-1400), Tournament Level (1400-1800), Advanced (1800-2000)
A short video for beginners on the Matrix.
Before I moved to Montgomery I taught chess in Chicago public schools and Chicagoland area for over 10yrs. as a new chess expert I teach children and adults of various playing levels.
- Founded Chess Fusion workshops and tutoring service.
- I have a United States Chess federation rating 2017.
- Several 1st place finishes in local and national tournaments open and class.
My most recent victories (1st place over the board finished) are:
- Greater Midwest 2nd U2100 (IL, Oct 2014)
- Atlanta State Championship 1st U2000 (GA, 2014)
- Greater Midwest Class 1st U2000 (IL,Dec 2013)
- IL Class Championship Class A Champion (IL, Nov 2013)
- Chicago State University 2013 Championship, Champion (IL, Nov 2013)
- Alabama State Championship (AL, Sept 2011 1st [tied] U2000, 3rd place overall [tied])
- Evangel Open (AL, April 2011)
- MLK Tornado (AL, Jan 2011)
- Dothan Open (AL, Dec 2010)
- Phi Beta Blanca I (IL, Jan 2010)
- University of Chicago Game 60 (IL, Oct 2009)
- Midwest Chess Swiss (IL, Aug 2009)
- ABC Open (IN, Dec 2008)
My biggest pize was $800 in the Chicago Open where I placed 5/6th out of 667 players (May 2007). I have been really active in training my students who have went on to win many local tournaments and I have not had the time to play in many tournaments this year.