New to Chess ( <1000), Beginner (1000-1400), Tournament Level (1400-1800)
- 22 year old Expert player with a USCF rating of 2097
- College student studying Economics and Math (Chess and Economics have many similarities)
- I like to live an active lifestyle. I play soccer and golf seriously and casually play ping pong, basketball, and tennis. I also enjoy running.
- I enjoy playing chess, especially in major tournaments like the World Open and Chicago Open
- I have a large knowledge of openings, understanding of simple and complex middlegame positions, endgame technique and planning, and competitive chess psychology
Proven Improvement Method
1. Introduction of new concepts
2. Examine instructive examples
3. Provide homework so that the lesson topics really sink in
4. Students try out what they have learned against good competition
5. Analyze the students' games and find out what they did well and if there are any weak points in their games
6. Move on to the next lesson with a good idea of where the student is at and what they need to learn to progress further
- Many of my students have seen their USCF ratings increase exponentially after taking lessons
- One student went from 1006 to 1381 in 10 months
- Another student went from 818 to 1249 in 5 months
- Another student went from 1153 to 1357 in only 3 months!
- Another student went from 880 to 1173 in only 4 months!
- These students worked hard, but if you follow my advice and work hard you can improve drastically as well
What Separates Me From Other Coaches
1. I spent 6 years playing in scholastic chess tournaments and understand exactly what it takes to be a champion on the national scholastic level
2. I also enjoy playing and do well in big open tournaments, so I know what it takes to do well in pressure tournaments
3. Unlike many coaches who are no longer active players, I am continuing to improve my own chess skills. Therefore, when I prepare for lessons I am not only working for you, I am working for myself as well!
4. Students receive quality homework to improve outside of lessons
5. Students receive a video recording of each lesson so they can review the lesson at any time
6. I care deeply about my students and work very hard for them
Here is one of my tournament games against a strong player
If you want to seriously improve your chess, then you should consider taking lessons from me. If you have any questions feel free to contact me on chess.com or through my email at email@example.com.
Age does not matter in chess, I have students from 8 years old to 60+