All Skill Levels
|Play the Grandmaster
||30 minutes of blitz or rapid chess
|Your Games Analyzed
||Improve your chess by having your game analyzed by Natalia. Options: confidential (sent only to you) or public (published at Pogonina.com)
|Play the Grandmaster-2
||Play a 3 min blitz game vs Natalia
|Play the Grandmaster-3
||Play a 5 min blitz game vs Natalia
|Play the Grandmaster-4
||Play a correspondence (online chess) game vs Natalia. No vote chess games, only one on one. Post-game analysis provided.
Natalia Pogonina (Born March 9, 1985)
· FIDE Woman Grandmaster (2004), Grandmaster of Russia (2006)
· One of the few women in the history of chess to break the 2500 rating barrier (associated with the title of an International Grandmaster)
· Member of the Russian national chess team since 2004
· According to the rankings of the Association of Chess Professionals, Natalia Pogonina became the 3rd most successful female chess player in the world in 2009
· Education: MA in Law (Saratov State Academy of Law)
· Hobbies: sports, travelling, music, photography, literature, poetry, flamenco, Internet
Main tournament results:
Best performance: FIDE 2941 (11/11)
World: bronze medal at the U18 World Women’s Chess Championship (2003). Shared first at the World Women’s Student Championship (2008). Winner of the World Team Student Chess Championship (2008). First International World Mind-Sports Games: gold in team blitz and bronze in rapid (Team Russia). Took part in two World Women’s Chess Championships (2004, 2010) and two Chess Olympiads (2008, 2010). Silver medal at World Team Chess Championship-2011, bronze in 2013. Olympic Chess Champion-2012 and winner of individual Gold medal
Europe: won the European Junior Chess Championship thrice. Silver medal at the European Club Championship (2007). Bronze medal at the European Women’s Chess Championship (2009). European Club Chess Champion (2011). Reigning European Team Chess Champion (2011).
Russia: won the Russian junior Championship six times. Winner of the Top League among Women. Runner-up at the Russian Superfinal (2010), reigning Russian Champion (2012). Multiple awards at Russian Team Championships; three gold medals for best individual performance (2006,2007,2010)
Has victories at prestigious international tournaments: Lvov-2002, Bykova Memorial-2005, Rudenko Memorial-2007, Moscow Open-2009, etc.
Activities aimed at promoting chess:
· Grandmaster Natalia Pogonina’s website is regularly updated in both English and Russian and is visited by a few thousand chess fans/day.
· Commentating tournament games online at leading chess portals (ChessDom, ChessGames, CrestBook, etc.).
· Columns in media – Chess.com, Sports.ru, RedHotPawn.com. Natalia Pogonina’s blog at Sports.ru was ranked top-5 among all sport blogs in Russia according to the Soviet Sport magazine.
· Strong media presence: articles and interviews about Natalia have been published in popular media all over the world - NY Times, Washington Post, The Guardian, Toronto Star, Times, Zeit, Scotsman, Komsomolskaya Pravda and so on.
· Simultaneous exhibitions for children, at corporate events, for chess fans.
· The online challenge «Pogonina vs The World» in 2010 has attracted about 4000 participants from over 100 countries. Natalia has scored an impressive victory in 55 moves. The re-match (The World vs Pogonina, 2011) ended in a draw on move 62.