All Skill Levels
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask any chess player, why did you loose that game, I'd bet 85% of the times he would say, "I blundered". I have simple formula for reducing that blunders to atleast 80%, if not 100%.
My coaching style:
I am a very practical person and my coaching reflects that.
It does not matter if, I coach students for several hours a day, if they can't use the techiques during an actual game. This is the reason why I emphasize on the real game rather than esoteric strategies.
I learned chess based on some fundamental principals and my whole career,practise and achievements are based on that. They are so simple but effective, yet takes discipline and practise to properly use them in a tournament game. First, I will make them realize their importance, then I would ask them to rote them, then I will slowly make them use the principles slowly in a tournament game.
So, the next time you are playing in a tournament these fundamentals would be echoing in your mind. And I'd bet your standard, results would increase dramatically.
Even if you are not a tournament player but just want to get started or improve in chess, these principles would accelerate your pace many folds.
My chess career:
Unlike most professional coaches that talk of past glory I am an active player.
My recent achievements are:
- Joint first in Spokane with IM John Donaldson
- Joint first in SCC with Peter Brugg
- Second in christmas congress in Tacoma
- You can follow my tournaments at USCF site
My achievements in chronological order.
During 1997-2002, I was a full time professional chess player in India. I had given up studies and concentrated on improving my game. I had a wonderful full time coach for 4 years during which I averaged over 8 hours of chess practise a day. My achievements during that time are
- National 6th in all India team championship
- Beat and drew with national champions and International masters.
- State champion in age groups of Under-14, Under-15, Under -19 and also the state Men championship of Andhra Pradesh (one of strongest chess states in India).
- Represented the state at around 6 national events.
- Top places in state and district opens.
- My peak FIDE rating was 2161.
After 2002, I joined engineering and chess became a secondary pursuit but my achievements kept flowing..
- Became the state junior champion.
- Runner up in Eenadu state open
- 10th in a National open in which I won on 2 National -A players and drew with one IM.
- National 6th in All India Inter universities under my captaincy, played on the top board with an unbeaten score of 8/9
- Won all the university championships and inter collegiate championships(university level).
- Peak FIDE rating was 2142
After 2005, my focus changed to Academics and computers and I came to the US in 2006. In US my results can be found in the USCF website
, I came joint second in NC state open and second and third in couple of local opens. I recently became a Master and my current USCF rating is 2229.
On the coaching side, all my students had amazing results and reached their targets.
- Coached two kids of Age 6 and 7 during 2005 as a secondary coach, these kids came National 2nd and National 4th in their age groups. Later, one of them became the Under-9 world champion.
- Coached two college students for University champsionship and both of them for selected for the Andhra University team for All India Universities.
- One student was given coaching to win the college championship which she did.
In the US I gave coaching to 3 students and all of them were satisfied. Please feel free to contact me via email, a comment here or email. I am open to classes for all levels via the internet or in person.