Forums

Anyone interested in helping create a Chess Magazine??

Sort:
CoenJones

Ok, you won't get paid at first or maybe ever, but even just a one-off article or anyone interested in there own column or even more, please, tell me.

It will be digitally collated into a PDF file through publisher, me and 2 or 3 others helping with that, through email sharing articles.

It will be posted as a PDF file online at a website we can create, hopefully monthly, but more or less often is possible depending on interest.

So, if you are interested please leave a message below

CoenJones

ok sure, I'll create a group now so we can discuss thanks so much for showing interest!!!

konhidras
manspider29 wrote:

Ok, you won't get paid at first or maybe ever, but even just a one-off article or anyone interested in there own column or even more, please, tell me.

It will be digitally collated into a PDF file through publisher, me and 2 or 3 others helping with that, through email sharing articles.

It will be posted as a PDF file online at a website we can create, hopefully monthly, but more or less often is possible depending on interest.

So, if you are interested please leave a message below

if its a magazine you need someone good at photoshop and illustrator. besides those good at chess writing and two: youll need permission from publishers if ever you guys want to use some analysis from their books or quotes from authors of various books unless  games analysed are from your members games. not an easy task plus web hosting isnt easy youll be paying em for every month. This look easy but it aint easy to do.You guys may have to shred some monay. ;)

CoenJones

I know, but hopefully if we can at first just get a free web host site, and of course only use games with permision from on here.

It will be tough, but I already have photoshop and quite a few other programs.

It will rely mainly on volunteers, would you maybe be interested, even if it is just an analysis of a game, or just volunteering a few games

konhidras

Start with wordpress. And find someone with above average skills in Illustrator and yes...flash. Joomla, php or whatever. and of course someone good at making your website at the top of the list in searches in internet. Some can be paid to rank you first  and make you look like you have lots of followers.

The best i can do is to give some of my game analysis of my own games, feel free to include the blog i did in this site if you want. I think its called "the amateur analyzes his games" sorry i already forgot.

But my suggestion: forget the website , create a group and all you have to do is use photoshop and illustrator and link us to your magazine.

pavan44

for starters.. we can go ahead with using games that people here have played.. even us guys... that is.. if we are goona be portraying some moves or combinations that are "different" or unexpected but had a good thought into them..selecting some best moves from certain specific games..

CoenJones

ok, are you interested pavan??? is so, I'll invite you do the discussion group, thanks.

dr_l3mon

Whats up fellas ...

CoenJones

you interested dr lemon?

macer75

I love trolling and making all sorts of comments on the forums, but if it's something serious like writing in an actual magazine... I think I'll pass.

CoenJones

haha, ok thanks, I've noticed your love of trolling, thanks for respecting this forum

Spiritbro77

You don't need permission to go over old Masters games. Nor to write about news in the chess world. The first issue could cover the recent change of the guard with Magnus Carlsens win as WCC. Lots of areas you could cover without stepping on any toes/laws. Reviews of books, articles, tournaments, chess videos on youtube, etc.

CoenJones

Ok, thanks. Would you be intereseted?? I love everyone giving us ideas, but even just one more regular writer would be enough. Could anyone message me if they want to be a part of this please.

It would be much appreciated, thanks!

konhidras

there are some posts here about their games analysed you may want to contact the OPs of such threads and ask permission. Good luck.

yxak

Can I join? I have some interesting ideas that could easily go onto paper...

CoenJones

ok thanks.

@yxak, sure, I'll just invite you to the group

pavan44

I am interested all right, but thing is i dont have enough chess experience...:( not enough knowledge on chess theories and really not possible if i can dedicate time to it regularly...but m interested to the core :)

ajttja

sure but i wouldn't be a big contributer and i am not the best writer.

SaturnineMisanthrope

I would be interested in contributing.  I play decent chess and have a dry ironic writing style that can be engaging.

CoenJones

ok, thanks everyone, I'll invite you all to the writers group