Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Why is there a Women's World Championship?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #761

netzach

Image Detail

• 3 years ago · Quote · #762

Elubas

TheGrobe wrote:

Earlier you were complaining about age discrimination....

I guess we had a misunderstanding: when I said "Nobody would be offended if you supposed a three year old much weaker than an adult," I didn't imply that I had a problem with age discrimination. I meant that it was valid to assume that a three year-old was weaker than an adult -- implying that age discrimination is often ok, and that it is invalid to assume that a woman is dumber than a man -- implying that gender discrimination is harder to justify.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #763

netzach

Image Detail

• 3 years ago · Quote · #764

TheGrobe

I think I mistook your statement. In the context of your earlier comments about age discrimination I took the statement about age discrimination being less contraversial than gender discrimination to be an implication that it shouldn't be.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #765

Elubas

I guess, the real reason I'm so passionate about this is because the whole thing is so ignored. Male discrimination is not the worst possible thing in the world, nor is the discrimination as harsh, overall, as female discrimination, it's just that there are people who might not even know male discrimination even exists. I want to convince people that it does exist. How would we like it if a political issue we cared about wasn't even recognized by 95% of the world?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #766

netzach

• 3 years ago · Quote · #767

batgirl

I like Gaugin.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #768

netzach

Hey me too ! & he arrived here by accident via typo for '' Paul Hogan '' hehe..

• 3 years ago · Quote · #769

netzach

• 3 years ago · Quote · #770

theoreticalboy

Gaugin was a jerk and an idiot, but a semi-interesting painter, I guess.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #771

kco

theoreticalboy wrote:

Gaugin was a jerk and an idiot, but a semi-interesting painter, I guess.

doesn't that sound familiar to an chess player (BF Wink) ?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #772

netzach

Nah.. him (Gauguin) & Van were superb drinkers, raconteurs, womanisers & madmen, What not to like ?   Smile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #773

theoreticalboy

They were hopeless wannabe bohemians; well, Van Gogh certainly was, anyway.  Gauguin of course had more success there, but most came in such creepy fashion (the Tahitian jaunt replete with pre-pubescent girls etc) that it doesn't seem right to laud him for it.

And how admirable can he be if I always spell his name incorrectly?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #774

netzach

Well as mentioned (see previous post) google were happy with '' Gogan ''. lol !.

Bohemian live-short burn-bright not sensible but I do admire...

Tahiti is cess-pit nowadays & cannot blame him for that :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #775

theoreticalboy

He lived until he was 54, had sex with pre-pubescent Tahitian girls in a  coloniser-colonised relationship, and died of syphilis.  No, these are not the acts of a bright bohemian.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #776

1shtar

• 3 years ago · Quote · #777

1shtar

how about this

• 3 years ago · Quote · #778

netzach

No worse than Bill Clinton or anyone else in limelight. Morals always lacking for famous figures. Is power-thing..

Silvio Berlosconi etc, need I go on ?

Artists & politicians are seldom good role-models...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #779

theoreticalboy

Sure, Clinton was a letch, but not because of the Lewinsky thing.  And most of his jerkitude comes from being the United States president, which is a position of power one really needs to be a total jerk to attain.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #780

netzach

& also you must think of the context of time & date looking around the world many reprehensible & abbhorent things were going on.

'' The last recorded slave ship to land on American soil was the Clotilde, which in 1859 ''  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade

Post your reply: