Forums

Best Chess Book For Beginner/Intermediate Player?

Sort:
Ziryab
EdwardTunguia wrote:

i know it is anayze. i just type it faster. that is why,. ok i will change the way i offer. if you want sir, let do some friendly game.

I don't have room in my schedule for more free training game. If you want to pay for lessons, whether in chess or English, I may be able to accommodate you.

InDetention

Best forum/thread ever. LOL Laughing

InDetention
Ziryab wrote:
EdwardTunguia wrote:

i know it is anayze. i just type it faster. that is why,. ok i will change the way i offer. if you want sir, let do some friendly game.

I don't have room in my schedule for more free training game. If you want to pay for lessons, whether in chess or English, I may be able to accommodate you.

Hmmm, take some grammar/spelling lessons. Laughing It isn't anayze. It's Analyze.

cornbeefhashvili

Winning Chess by Reinfeld/Chernev

schwissig

I know this is an old thread, but for anyone who finds themselves here from google, I just bought the book "The Amateur's Mind" by Jeremy Silman, and I really like it so far.

It's already openned my eyes to misconceptions I had about the game. So often I would just make "passive" moves without any clear goal or any real concrete reason as to why I chose the moves I did. I would highly recommend it for beginner or intermediate players.

ChessForBreakfast

Yep Silman is the way to go. Chess homework every Knight! (Get it!? "Knight")

ginzbirdman

Russian Chess by Bruce Pandolfini is fun and sharpens intermediate skills by in-depth analysis of just a few good games.  lots of pictorial diagrams to help illustrate.  not as heavy a read as amateurs mind and you can probably pick one up for very cheap used on Amazon.  And you can avoid getting analized that way.