Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Christmas presents


  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1

    nimzovich

    For those who partake in Christmas and were fortunate to be on the "nice list", did anyone receive any chess gifts for the holidays?

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #2

    Crazychessplaya

    Got mated.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #3

    nimzovich

    I have received:

    The Sicilian Scheveningen: Move by Move

    1...d6: Move by Move

    Kramnik: Move by Move

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #4

    Moyuba

    i got my system and the life and games of mikhail tal.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #5

    nimzovich

    Moyuba wrote:

    i got my system and the life and games of mikhail tal.

    Which publisher/version of My System? 

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #6

    batgirl

    MS publishing/version 3.1 ?

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #7

    Moyuba

    the lou hays one!

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #8

    Rnewms

    Silman's Complete Endgame Course

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #9

    nimzovich

    Rnewms wrote:

    Silman's Complete Endgame Course

    A GREAT acquisition.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #10

    Annabella1

    My son gave me a beautiful antique chess set he bought at a garage sale.....so cute....few pieces were missing but I didnt care....very touching

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #11

    DENVERHIGH

    I received a "Kindle Fire" for Christmas so I can play chess where ever I go. I got it from my # 3 son.

    The only problem is that I really don't know how to use it. I have no, apps? I haven't got any chess books free or free movies. There are so many instructions by the time I read them all, I'm confused.

    I been carrying around and check my Yahoo for e-mail. I've tried chess dot com, but on the kindle, it's too small for me.

    I have to find some 10 year old Kid to show me what to do with this thing. I am too old.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #12

    nimzovich

    Annabella1 wrote:

    My son gave me a beautiful antique chess set he bought at a garage sale.....so cute....few pieces were missing but I didnt care....very touching

    wonderful!

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #13

    N2UHC

    My wife bought me one of these LED chess sets:

    I like it because aside from chess, I'm also an electronics hobbyist. It's really neat in that the pieces automatically light up when sitting on the board, and don't go out until you lift them off the board a few inches.  It's nice for playing in a darkened room.  The board operates on 3 AA batteries or a wall adaptor, and best I can tell it puts out a low frequency RF (radio frequency) signal which is picked up by coils in each piece and then rectified by the LED's, causing them to glow.  The board is plastic but the pieces are made of glass.  The only downside is that you have to have the board switched on to play as the pieces otherwise all look alike.

    Oh and BTW, this is just a picture I found on the internet.  I know better than to set up the board wrong.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #14

    Annabella1

    N2uHC....... I like your gift!!! white pieces also  glow?

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #15

    RaleighRaine

    N2UHC wrote:

    My wife bought me one of these LED chess sets:

     

    I like it because aside from chess, I'm also an electronics hobbyist. It's really neat in that the pieces automatically light up when sitting on the board, and don't go out until you lift them off the board a few inches.  It's nice for playing in a darkened room.  The board operates on 3 AA batteries or a wall adaptor, and best I can tell it puts out a low frequency RF (radio frequency) signal which is picked up by coils in each piece and then rectified by the LED's, causing them to glow.  The board is plastic but the pieces are made of glass.  The only downside is that you have to have the board switched on to play as the pieces otherwise all look alike.

    Oh and BTW, this is just a picture I found on the internet.  I know better than to set up the board wrong.

    Cool!

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #16

    N2UHC

    Yes, half the pieces glow white and the other half glow blue.  Luckily the white pieces have white felt on bottom and the blue pieces have blue felt, so you can tell what color each piece is when you set up the game.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #17

    Annabella1

    Very nice.....enjoy!

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #18

    EddieFreak

    I gave my son his first chess set.  He got these pieces http://www.houseofstaunton.com/product_p/menmar2875.htm and this chess board http://www.houseofstaunton.com/product_p/nbhosrf.htm 1.75" inche squares.  He loves it.  We don't get to play many games (once a week or so) because of my work schedule, but I set up a tactics puzzle every morning for him on it.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #19

    Bardu

    DENVERHIGH wrote:

    I received a "Kindle Fire" for Christmas so I can play chess where ever I go. I got it from my # 3 son.

    The only problem is that I really don't know how to use it. I have no, apps? I haven't got any chess books free or free movies. There are so many instructions by the time I read them all, I'm confused.

    I been carrying around and check my Yahoo for e-mail. I've tried chess dot com, but on the kindle, it's too small for me.

    I have to find some 10 year old Kid to show me what to do with this thing. I am too old.

    Try Playchess by Chessbase. They have a really good app/server.


Back to Top

Post your reply: