Forums

Circa 1890-1910 BCC 4" Set Pictorial

Sort:
goodknightmike

Here are some pics of a circa 1890-1910 British Chess Company set with 4" KIngs. Black pieces ebonised..The set shows heavy wear for its more than 100 years of existence and one wonders how many thousands of games were played with it. Set shown with vintage circa 1930s Koopman clock on my chess table with 2.5" squares. I also refer you to Chuck Grau's (cgrau) very nice HOS BCC 4" replica shown first

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-equipment/some-board-amp-piece-combinations?page=3

goodknightmike

more pics

QuestionableKnight

Beautiful set Mike. Thanks for sharing!

goodknightmike
QuestionableKnight wrote:

Beautiful set Mike. Thanks for sharing!

My pleasure QuestionablKnight, your welcome

cgrau

Great photo essay, Mike! I really like the British Chess Company designs, and your set is exquisite!

goodknightmike
cgrau wrote:

Great photo essay, Mike! I really like the British Chess Company designs, and your set is exquisite!

Thanks Chuck, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Agreed, the vintage British Chess Company sets are fabulous and hopefully we will see more replicas in the future.

cgrau
goodknightmike wrote:
cgrau wrote:

Thanks Chuck, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Agreed, the vintage British Chess Company sets are fabulous and hopefully we will see more replicas in the future.

It's going to be a hectic weekend, but I'll try to post some more pics of the replicas for comparison.

goodknightmike
cgrau wrote:
goodknightmike wrote:
cgrau wrote:

It's going to be a hectic weekend, but I'll try to post some more pics of the replicas for comparison.

That would be great!