Forums

Drool-worthy Chess sets

Sort:
Grobzilla

Felt like showing and seeing killer Chess sets, either owned or wished for. This one is a standout on my wish list. What's yours?

Grobzilla

Another:

KJtri5

I made this one out of some african mahogany and maple I had left over from a job.  The pieces aren't the greatest but I love my board.  Now I just wish I could find some people to play otb with! :)

Grobzilla

Looks Nice! What men are those?

splitleaf

Always thought this set would be the ultimate but not sure which set it is or where you would get it or if its even still availbable.  All the pieces are perfect but I have a particular soft spot for the wide mouthed bishops.

Grobzilla

Another cool one; you can tell I'm into Blood Rosewood...

KJtri5

I do like the rosewood!!  The pieces I have are Staunton pieces, not wood but weighted nicely.

Grobzilla

Thought this was cool for a modern set:

MSteen

I recognize the 2nd picture posted by Grobzilla as being from the USCF catalog. It's carved from mammoth ivory. Yes! 40,000 year old (or more) mammoth ivory!

It's only $13,000, so I'm getting one for me and one for my brother for Christmas. I hope they offer free shipping.

Grobzilla

That's the one! It is very sexy. I'd like to see it in Natural Ivory & Blood, too.