Forums

Fritz 13 help

Sort:
StrategicPlay

I recently bought a copy of Fritz 13 that's working fine. But I've got a few queries:

• I don't seem to be able to find a way to enter my own OTB games into it for analysis. That's particularly the reason why I bought it.
  • There's a coach speaking (I assume it's the coach) in some language I can't understand. What I understand is just something like "HA!"; nothing more than that. It'd be good if I could change the language. 
  • Fritz 13 is just too easy to beat. I mean, I'm rated like around 1500 Correspondence at Chess.com but it's too easy to draw with it or beat it. Is there some difficulty setting for it? Does it have something with the choice between Beginner, Hobby player and Club player at the start?
  • I can't access the database.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd really like to make the best out of this engine I've purchased. Thanks.

VLaurenT

I would suggest you email ChessBase with your activation key #

I'm sure they'll be able to help you Smile

Corius
Hi, There are some very good tuition videos here : http://uscfsales.wordpress.com/ Regards John
Corius
Pfren, why are you so arrogant? Is it that difficult to be helpful? You are an IM, what do you have to prove by being so unpleasant? Why not say " Fritz13 can play at around 2700, so you need to set the difficulty. Check the help files"
StrategicPlay

I'll see it. Thx.

wyh2013

i had the same problems and i cannot resolve yet

benonidoni
StrategicPlay wrote:

I recently bought a copy of Fritz 13 that's working fine. But I've got a few queries:

I don't seem to be able to find a way to enter my own OTB games into it for analysis. That's particularly the reason why I bought it. There's a coach speaking (I assume it's the coach) in some language I can't understand. What I understand is just something like "HA!"; nothing more than that. It'd be good if I could change the language.  Fritz 13 is just too easy to beat. I mean, I'm rated like around 1500 Correspondence at Chess.com but it's too easy to draw with it or beat it. Is there some difficulty setting for it? Does it have something with the choice between Beginner, Hobby player and Club player at the start? I can't access the database.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd really like to make the best out of this engine I've purchased. Thanks.

Home-Levels-Optimize Strength

Database comes installed Home-Database

If you want another database within fritz Home-Database-Open

Also check out you tube where chessbase will give videos on Fritz 13 how to use ect.

NajdorfDefense

I don't understand what is meant by F13 plays at your rating by default. Isn't there preset/doesn't it ask you what sort of game you want for each new game?

I would like to play it at what it thinks my rating is, but I have no idea how.

benonidoni
Gilmar33Andersen wrote:

In Fritz 13 how to pause and resume the "blunder check" analysis?

connect and disconnect will stop from being live.

fwhoberg

My chess coach has Fritz13 he says it is a good programe. have not it seen it for myself.  Propbily its just the interface that looks diffrent, but I still use Fritz 11. 

jeroen_n

If you have any difficulties just go youtube and search for uscfsales, they have tons of vid's explaining the functions in fritz and chessbase.

abdelmoutalib

for your language probleme i reccomend to download this torrent file it will make the language english 

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6944803/Fritz.13_English_Talk_Fix

mldavis617

I use Fritz 13 and have found it to be easily customizable for whatever I want to do with it.

To enter your own games (from OTB notation), simply click "New Game" at the top menu bar, then Engine->Switch off engine (or Ctrl-Shift-M).  Then you can enter moves you made and the Notation will be built up in algebraic.  You can then save the game and replay it or analyze it (Home->Infinite Analysis), annotate it using the Insert menu bar choices, and insert variation lines.

The engine can be configured to work any way you want.  It will run at full strength for analysis, or you can "dumb it down" to a given Elo rating level, or tell it to match your own estimated Elo rating as it plays against you and adjusts itself.

All of the coaching stuff can be toggled on/off from the menu.  Pressing the "?" in the top right corner or pressing F1 will bring up the help menu.

mishrashubham

First of all you bought a copy and not orignal, thus, there are chances that there might be some problems.Second-Fritz does not have database.It has only engines.You need to insert Megabase from chessbase.Third-I guess in the start when it asks activation key and your name and others, you must put advanced plalyer.Only after that it will play at it's orignal strength.

Matt201
pfren wrote:

I'm sorry, but since he is a literate man and he buyed the product, he is supposed to be able to read the freaking manual. Right, or not?

Does he need my/your help to read it?

I think you mean 'bought'

mldavis617

Fritz comes in several variations, the "download" version, the DVD version, and the Deep version that uses more than one core for the Fritz engine.  The download version I bought direct from Chessbase contains a 1.5 million game database, with several thousand games annotated.  Although you cannot get the non-Deep version to run on more than one CPU core, you can install other engines such as Houdini that will run on 4 cores if you have them.

Aetheldred

pfren's English is just amazing, don't forget he is Greek. It is true he can be harsh sometimes, but it is compensated by the useful information he provides. We are very lucky to have such an expert give us his unbiassed opinion.  

ShyamGopal

Yes definitely 

ShyamGopal1

Arre If you buy a $1 Fritz 13,there is a certain quality you can expect!