Forums

Rocky Mountain Chess Cabin

Sort:
Master_Po

early October

The mountains have exploded in color. (photos taken today)  Here's in town.    Photobucket

Master_Po

It's prime colors here in the Rocky Mts.  Thought I'd share photos of the chess cabin.  There's no one within almost 100 miles to play chess with OTB.  But here's a great place to play, if anyone's ever in the neighborhood.  

Arriving at the cabin. Okay, AT the camo'd chess cabin., See the outside grill and stove pipe on top?

Master_Po

Out on the deck.  ...on the deck.

Master_Po

Getting ready to go inside.  Foreboding sign above the door.

Okay, inside now, there's the chess board.  The Chess playing area.

Wood burning stove and Japanese katana:  Wood stove, Japanese Katana and bear curtain.

This guy's still waiting for an OTB game - I think he was going to try Lasker's Trap.  This guy's still waiting for a chess game.

Master_Po

Two old glories flying in the breeze outside the cabin.  Two old glories.

The Holy water cooler.  Some guy named Gabe LOVES this cooler.

Water cooler and fire starters.

The water cooler

Photobucket

Place to rest between games and old Jeremiah Johnson on the wall  couch/bed and Jeremiah Johnson

rooperi

That's really cool. USA must have the prettiest autums on earth.

Master_Po

The great ones picture on the wall.  Champions of chess picture.

Another shot of the table.  Who's that guy in the red frame?? Photobucket

Leaving the chess cabin, the original old Glory still flying in the wind.  Hope you enjoyed,  so long!  arriving with old glory flying in the breeze

VLaurenT

Wonderful pics and a wonderful place Smile

Master_Po

Thanks Rooperi and Laurent, stop in sometime, we'll play a game. Cool

seffa

It looks lovely over there.  I think you should paint your stove in the colors of a giraffe.

FisherFan

Smilewow Davy!! great pictures and a wonderful place to live! I wish I could come out and play you OTB and enjoy the Rockies! see ya!Cool

Master_Po

Live a little FisherFan, come on out!  Bring your daughter, we'll teach her some real OTB - and let her drink from the water cooler - they say the water is Holy water.  Cool

Colors of a giraffe - hmmm, I'll think about it.  Sounds like a splendid idea!    Sealed

corrijean

What a cool place!

Master_Po

After drinking the Holy water and reading Nimzowitsch, I feel like doing some Yoga.  The sky at night here . . .  Night sky and mts Sept 26, '12, out the front door.

FisherFan

Smilenice sunset!!

Knightvanguard

Lucky you!  Thanks for sharing.  

FisherFan

LaughingI love your "Wipe your boots" sign!Laughing

FisherFan

Winkhave you ever been to AREA 51 Davy??Undecided

Master_Po

No.  UFO's won't play chess with me.  

Al-Khalifa93

I love Dr.Paper too Laughing