Forums

Slow Motion Pawn Capture Test

Sort:
ifekali

Another day, another test ...

-Izmet

MSC157

Haha, interesting idea for the video. But hey Jonas, at least try not to speak like... You know what I mean. :)

Nevertheless, great one!

bananaboatcaptain

Jonas, let me say that I've really enjoyed your YouTube chess videos, particularly that one of your battle vs Fritz on the DGT board.  I also liked your review of the Zmartfun II clock, and so I bought one of them and I agree with you that it's very nice.

I'm interested in purchasing one of your BCE sets.  Specifically, a Stage II Western Natural, possibly with DGT compatibility.  However, living in the US, it's not always easy to order items from Europe.  Do you have a US dealer for your sets?

ifekali

I only do research, design and web, but can hook you up with the shop (www.noj.si). Check your messages.

-Izmet

bananaboatcaptain

Thank you for your reply.

I'm interested in the stainless steel base option, which I find attractive.  I have two questions.

1. Do you think that the steel base rims might dent or scratch a wooden chessboard?

2. Are the steel bases compatible with DGT capability?

ifekali
bananaboatcaptain wrote:

I'm interested in the stainless steel base option, which I find attractive.  I have two questions.

1. Do you think that the steel base rims might dent or scratch a wooden chessboard?

2. Are the steel bases compatible with DGT capability?

Steel is hard and wood is soft. Scratches might surely happen accidentaly, but not under normal use, as the pieces are leather felted.

We are looking into making our stainless chessmen DGT compatible but it is a challenge. With enough interest, I'm sure we can make it happen. Stay tuned.

-Izmet

FrankHelwig
ifekali wrote:

We are looking into making our stainless chessmen DGT compatible but it is a challenge. With enough interest, I'm sure we can make it happen. Stay tuned.

-Izmet

I thought the DGT sensor coils don't get along with metal, hence issues with adding weights to DGT-enabled pieces?

ifekali
FrankHelwig wrote:

I thought the DGT sensor coils don't get along with metal, hence issues with adding weights to DGT-enabled pieces?

We are thinking a stainless ring around the bottom perimeter, but yes, even that may interfere. As I said, it's a challenge.

-Izmet

jaaas

@ifekali:

Could you perhaps shed some light on who-is-who in the BCE business? As far as I can tell there seem to be at least three people involved, presumably with the following roles (please correct any inaccuracies):

Izmet Fekali - designer of the BCE pieces and maintainer of the dedicated BCE website, and the person who is is active in these forums (i.e. you);

Jonas Žnidaršič - "guy with the brassy voice" (no offense ;) who makes the videos promoting BCE and discussing various other chess stuff;

Gregor Novak - owner of the company which produces (amongst other things) the BCE chessmen.

Again, please correct if anything of the above is mistaken.

ifekali

Izmet is an alias I use online on forums and such. My real name is Jonas. I am the designer of the pieces and keeper of the http://bestchessmenever.com website.

Gregor Novak and his father Janez are owners of the woodworking shop Noj (http://www.noj.si) that actually makes and sells the pieces.

-Izmet (aka Jonas Žnidaršič)

jaaas

Ah, so Izmet and Jonas are actually one person. That confused the heck out of me, but makes sense now. Thanks for clearing up on that!