Forums

Thank you Jonas! My Dubrovnik 1970s Club Chess Set

Sort:
goodknightmike

Many thanks go out to Mr Dubrovnik,Jonas Žnidaršič  AKA Izmet Fekali for making my acquisition of this beautiful 1970s Dubrovnik Club Set possible. Kings measure approx. 92 mm or 3.6" in height. Pieces are not weighted. I have supplied many picutres of this gorgeous set for your perusal. Thanks again to our Dubrovnik Guru Jonas Žnidaršič. You have made me one happy Dubrovnik camper!!

goodknightmike

Thanks Robert

cgrau

Gorgeous, Mike. Congrats and thanks for posting all the pics!

goodknightmike

Thanks Chuck, Like you, I enjoy sharing pics of my sets with collectors.

9kick9

Thats a real nice looking Dubrovnik set.!  Thanks for the pics.

htdavidht

Oh that is a really beautiful set. When you planing posting it on ebay?

D2_To_D8

Wow Mike ! The genuine article. Congratulations on that beauty ! Cool

goodknightmike
9kick9 wrote:

Thats a real nice looking Dubrovnik set.!  Thanks for the pics.

your welcome Frank!

goodknightmike
htdavidht wrote:

Thanks. Sorry, I'm a Dubrovnik fanatic and you will never ever see this gorgeous set on Ebay. Dubrovnik mania forever!!

goodknightmike
D2_To_D8 wrote:

Wow Mike ! The genuine article. Congratulations on that beauty ! 

Thank you! Dubrovnik mania rages on!!

QuestionableKnight

Great set Mike! Thanks very much for posting. Please continue to show your lovely collection on this forum.

Can you confirm what colour brown you think the black pieces are?  I can't tell from the picture (lighting etc.) if they are sheesham or rosewood.

Thanks

Bobby_Falcone
goodknightmike wrote:
htdavidht wrote:

Thanks. Sorry, I'm a Dubrovnik fanatic and you will never ever see this gorgeous set on Ebay. Dubrovnik mania forever!!

Good for you Mike..Congratulations !

goodknightmike
QuestionableKnight wrote:

Great set Mike! Thanks very much for posting. Please continue to show your lovely collection on this forum.

Can you confirm what colour brown you think the black pieces are?  I can't tell from the picture (lighting etc.) if they are sheesham or rosewood.

Thanks

Your are welcome. The Lacquered pieces are dark brown in color. I'm not sure if the pieces are a brown stain or walnut wood.  Hopefully Jonas can give us the answer.

goodknightmike
Bobby_Falcone wrote:
goodknightmike wrote:
htdavidht wrote:

Good for you Mike..Congratulations !

Thanks Bobby!

ifekali
goodknightmike wrote:
Your are welcome. The Lacquered pieces are dark brown in color. I'm not sure if the pieces are a brown stain or walnut wood.

I'm pretty sure all pieces are from same wood to keep the fuss and cost down. These were very low budget sets.

-Jonas aka. Izmet Fekali

QuestionableKnight

Thanks for answering Mike! It looks brilliant that's why I asked.

I know it's a matter of personal preference but since you have the Dubrovnik sets in various colours which do you prefer? And, more specifically, do you prefer it in a lighter or darker brown?

Also, by any chance, have you picked up this Dubrovnik: http://www.chessgamesshop.com/index.php?c=0&p=41 title='Dubrovnik PRO' alt='Dubrovnik PRO' style='text-decoration:none'

It would be great to hear reviews of it, especially as against the chessbazaar version.

goodknightmike
QuestionableKnight wrote:

Thanks for answering Mike! It looks brilliant that's why I asked.

I know it's a matter of personal preference but since you have the Dubrovnik sets in various colours which do you prefer? And, more specifically, do you prefer it in a lighter or darker brown?

Also, by any chance, have you picked up this Dubrovnik: http://www.chessgamesshop.com/index.php?c=0&p=41 title='Dubrovnik PRO' alt='Dubrovnik PRO' style='text-decoration:none'

It would be great to hear reviews of it, especially as against the chessbazaar version.

To tell you the truth, as a Dubrovnik fanatic, I like all the various colors and woods the Dubrovniks come in, so I really can't pick a favorite. I do prefer the Dark Brown stain over a lighter Brown stain.  By the way, the dark Brown and dark Red stain Dubrovniks made by Noj are unbelieveably gorgeous!

Sorry, I do not have the Dubrovnik Pro set. Maybe some other posters  can chime in if they have this set.

htdavidht
goodknightmike wrote:
htdavidht wrote:

Oh I though you have a crimson one on e-bay.

QuestionableKnight

Thanks for response Mike! And it seems that there is another maker to add to your collection!