Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Error ?

• 24 months ago · Quote · #1

nameno1had

When I played the Mentor I encountered a problem. I know I chose the correct answer at least twice, before it recognized me choosing it when I tried it a third time. This isn't the first time this has ever happened to me either. I distinctly remember the 1st time it happened, I said to myself, "oh, you must have forgot to click the try again button".

Since I have been wise to this potential problem for quite sometime now, I am always very careful to click try again before proceeding.

Trust me when I say, it becomes obvious to you, that you didn't overlook this possibility, when you had to try every possible move that made any sense at all (not counting hanging pieces, with no possibility of a deflection or sacrifice), before deciding to try each one again and again.

This is especially frustrating when you feel cheated of your deserved place. It also is confusing to the memory somewhat having so much more than necessary forced through your mind.

This is the problem that it occurred last to me, Art of the Trade 20,  The Art of Exchanging Pieces. I know this isn't the first time. It wouldn't be far fetched to say that this has happened to me atleast a 1/2 dozen times since I have been here at chess.com, since the 1st of this year.

Can someone please look into the history of my usage to somehow verify I am not crazy, as opposed to simply going to the Mentor and trying a random problem and seeing if it works ?  This could be some sort of intermittent problem.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #2

NimzoRoy

Give us some specific links, that's easier than having to poke around for the positions you're discussing. If you're really ambitious you can set the positions up in an analysis bd right here in a new comment for people to examine and work on - or you can add the position(s) to your initial comment by editing it.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #3

nameno1had

NimzoRoy wrote:

Give us some specific links, that's easier than having to poke around for the positions you're discussing. If you're really ambitious you can set the positions up in an analysis bd right here in a new comment for people to examine and work on - or you can add the position(s) to your initial comment by editing it.

I am not totally against doing that. I have reservations due to the fact that it is certainly a solvable puzzle and me posting it won't really prove there is a problem or that I am at fault either way. I am not sure why I didn't copy the link. I guess I was so frazzled and irritated, I didn't think about it.

http://www.chess.com/chessmentor/view_lesson?id=3961

I tried it again and it just worked fine. I managed a 63% instead of a 38%.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #4

bigpoison

"to somehow verify I am not crazy"

I'm not sure this is possible.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #5

nameno1had

bigpoison wrote:

"to somehow verify I am not crazy"

I'm not sure this is possible.

Point taken...

Over the years, I have figured the possible contingency to be the day of the week...

Post your reply: