2014 Sinquefield Cup is LIVE! Open to ALL MEMBERS! Join GM Ashley, GM Seirawan and WGM Shahade! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Has chess mentor help your playing ability?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #101

wishiwonthatone

Ryan390 wrote:

MrGuy, I've shared my input on the subject quite openly and honestly, a few posts back....

EDIT: Let's not forget the actual topic: 

Has Chess Master helped your ability?

Get used to the fact that topics may drift. I think their discussion is fine.

PS: I was born with talent and I developed it over the course of my life: I can drink beer like no one I've ever met.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #102

Ryan390

It still takes hard work to attain a high level. Yes, perhaps some find it easier than others. Stating that a regular person will never be able to surpass them though, is not facing reality. Sheer determination and willpower, the drive to succeed and annihilate all obstacles, this mindset is very difficult to stop.

If the more 'talented' person eases off the gas, the more determined person will surpass them.. and quickly. It's easier to understand once you have actually put your heart and soul into something, gone balls deep in it, then come out the other side as a victor..against more 'naturally talented people'

• 3 years ago · Quote · #103

trysts

Ryan390 wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    Ryan390 wrote:

MrGuy, I've shared my input on the subject quite openly and honestly, a few posts back. I'm not sure if you bothered to read it or not, that's up to you. I just feel this is getting out of hand and people are using it as a base to start trolling.

Do you always cry when people speak to each other?

Yes, Rivers! 

Oh, okay. Well...maybe you can close your eyes?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #104

Ryan390

trysts wrote:
    Ryan390 wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    Ryan390 wrote:

MrGuy, I've shared my input on the subject quite openly and honestly, a few posts back. I'm not sure if you bothered to read it or not, that's up to you. I just feel this is getting out of hand and people are using it as a base to start trolling.

Do you always cry when people speak to each other?

Yes, Rivers! 

Oh, okay. Well...maybe you can close your eyes?

Maybe you can stop trolling, and show people some respect? Wink

• 3 years ago · Quote · #105

trysts

woodshover wrote:

I think anybody who doesn't believe that different people have different innate talents simply are not facing reality. No common sense whatsoever.

Hmmm...are angels real, woodshover?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #106

trysts

Ryan390 wrote:
    trysts wrote:

Maybe you can stop trolling, and show people some respect?

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_411/1245601551255338.jpg

• 3 years ago · Quote · #107

Ryan390

You have womanly hands! Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #108

Conflagration_Planet

trysts wrote:
    woodshover wrote:

I think anybody who doesn't believe that different people have different innate talents simply are not facing reality. No common sense whatsoever.

Hmmm...are angels real, woodshover?

Cripes! you're the one who keeps bringing up angels. Has nothing to do with this subject.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #109

mrguy888

I was going to address that guy but you seem to have taken care of him for me. Thanks trysts! Tongue out 

In other news...

In this case "better" is objective because of the results of the games. The fact that Paul Morphy was better has been quantified.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #110

Ryan390

mrguy888 wrote:

I was going to address that guy but you seem to have taken care of him for me. Thanks trysts!  

In other news...

In this case "better" is objective because of the results of the games. The fact that Paul Morphy was better has been quantified.

Then address me, when you have actually achieved something with your life, and can talk from a personal experience, then come back. Children trying to push there half baked reasoning's hold no power whatsoever. You all talk like you've been there and done it, yet I see no evidence of it.

The truth is, life is what you make it, and what you put in you eventually get out. if you want to go through life thinking people are born geniuses and can never be surpassed than go ahead. My philosophy is we should at the very least give it a damn good try. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #111

trysts

mrguy888 wrote:

I was going to address that guy but you seem to have taken care of him for me. Thanks trysts!  

In other news...

It was my pleasure, mrguy888Laughing

If the criteria for, "better" is the quantity of wins one has, in chess during the era Morphy played, then "better" would still have to be "judged" by the "quality" of the opponents faced. Plus there will be more variables added to the word, "quality". This appears quite endless to me.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #112

trysts

Ryan390 wrote:

Then address me, when you have actually achieved something with your life, and can talk from a personal experience, then come back. Children trying to push there half baked reasoning's hold no power whatsoever. You all talk like you've been there and done it, yet I see no evidence of it.

The truth is, life is what you make it, and what you put in you eventually get out. if you want to go through life thinking people are born geniuses and can never be surpassed than go ahead. My philosophy is we should at the very least give it a damn good try. 

http://www.mumsnet.com/cms/uploads/content/crying.jpg

• 3 years ago · Quote · #113

Ryan390

trysts wrote:
    mrguy888 wrote:

In other news...

It was my pleasure, mrguy888

If the criteria for, "better" is the quantity of wins one has, in chess during the era Morphy played, then "better" would still have to be "judged" by the "quality" of the opponents faced. Plus there will be more variables added to the word, "quality". This appears quite endless to me.

You sound so ridiculous mate, I've never seen anyone talk as much gibberish in all my life. It would help if:

A: It made sense,

B: It was actually going somewhere,

C: You had any kind of evidence to backup your theories.

You seriously need to think about what your saying.. It's just complete nonsense! Undecided

• 3 years ago · Quote · #114

trysts

Ryan390 wrote:

You sound so ridiculous mate, I've never seen anyone talk as much gibberish in all my life. It would help if:

A: It made sense,

B: It was actually going somewhere,

C: You had any kind of evidence to backup your theories.

You seriously need to think about what your saying.. It's just complete nonsense! 

http://www.babycare-basics.com/show_image_NpAdvSinglePhoto.php?filename=/2011/01/baby-temperature.png&cat=17&pid=1&cache=false

• 3 years ago · Quote · #115

Ryan390

I'm done arguing with someone who obviously has serious issues, and clearly demonstrating their inferiority to put a point across seriously or maturely..

One day you may achieve something then realise how stupid you sound mate. Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #116

trysts

Ryan390 wrote:

I'm done arguing

http://www.thehappybabies.com/wp-content/uploads/11_5_orig.jpg

• 3 years ago · Quote · #117

Ryan390

God you must be broody! Laughing I hope that's your child your hugging..  

• 3 years ago · Quote · #118

trysts

Ryan390 wrote:

I hope.... your hugging..  

http://www.newbornbabyzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Burping-a-Newborn.jpg

• 3 years ago · Quote · #119

jeremyjoshua1234

hi

• 3 years ago · Quote · #120

mrguy888

trysts wrote:

It was my pleasure, mrguy888

The criteria for better is the quantity of wins. And the quantity of wins is large enough and across enough players that there is no problem with the sample size. The variable were accounted for by actually play many games. Just because there are a lot of variables does not mean the the wins were subjective.

Post your reply: