Forums

Topic Suggestions

Sort:
dpruess

thanks. noted.

madmanchessplayer

Yay, I think the end game and maybe a few about gambits.

Conflagration_Planet

I'm just praying I make it through all the king pawn ending lessons without going insane!

sapientdust

A course focused on the Sveshnikov would be great. There are few resources here at the moment for such a popular variation of the Siciian.

Conflagration_Planet

The smothered mate course by Silman were pretty good for a beginner.

dpruess

you mean by Patrick Wolff?

Conflagration_Planet
dpruess wrote:

you mean by Patrick Wolff?

Yes, of course! I just read that other post that mentioned Silman, so I guess that name stuck in my brain. Sorry.

dpruess

cool, glad you liked it and found it appropriate! (i thought it was)

Conflagration_Planet

I've got the Idiot's Guide to Chess by him, as well. Haven't read much yet though. I wonder why he closed his web site down.

WindowsEnthusiast
woodshover wrote:

I've got the Idiot's Guide to Chess by him, as well. Haven't read much yet though. I wonder why he closed his web site down.

His site may have been neglected, or the domain name expired.

I want an opening dealing with COMPLICATED king and pawn endings (many pawns on each side). Also for fun checkmating with 3 knights and other bizzare piece combos.

sapientdust

I'd also like to see a course on securing a draw when having a weaker position or being down a pawn or two.

dpruess

thanks padman!

SimonSeirup

There is enough for the middlegame from Silman, i think you should make some endgame courses for rating about 2000, thats really missing!

WindowsEnthusiast

More tactics s'il vous plait (please)!

WindowsEnthusiast

Grandmaster-level combinations

7thSense

Possible a suggestion box for other things also?

lawman66

The exposition of Aaron Nimzowitche's My System book.The chapters over protection,isolated queen pawn,french defense set up,exchanging,invading open files,these would be great to try out concrete examples.Also Capablanca's fundamental themes.The f7 sacrifice,smith mrra gambit positions and danish mating patterns!!

Mindartis7

Sierwan-- I would like to see his books "winning chess tactics" & "winning chess strategy" on chess mentor. 

Mindartis7

I would like to have a Novice Strategy Course.   Silman's course looks awesome, but way too advanced for novices like me.   

dpruess

we have one or two such courses in production, pawn_mover :-)

i agree with your suggestion absolutely!