Forums

Topic Suggestions

Sort:
WyoKid

I think you're right David, openings are not Chess Mentor's strong point.  Chess Mentor is also one of my favorite parts of Chess.com.  I have the old disk version of it as well.  However, I think videos and articles and the game explorer are the best way to cover openings, but love chess mentor for endgames, tactics, strategy etc.  Thanks for the new endgame course and keep all those great courses coming.

AndreaCoda

Agree with the above poster - CM is (IMO) not the best tool for openings, while it is just fantastic for strategy concepts - would like to see more of them!

Andrea - on his quest to tackle all CM courses, one by one Tongue out

Fat_Daddy

How about a basic course on the Ruy Lopez?

funnylady

Is there going to be a Bishop vs. Knight Part 2 soon?  I have gotten so much out of Part 1! And is the plan to have a Knight vs. Bishop as well? Or, is the point that bishop beats knight in the end game?

Have a great chess day,

Smile

dpruess

GM Bojkov has already pretty much completed part 2. However, we won't be publishing it for 2 more months, because we try to vary/rotate the material over the short term.

i'm glad you were as excited about that course as i was :)

pattrik

Hello David,

What about "how not to blunder in the endgame" or just something about tactics?

Your courses are awesome! ^.^    }:-P

dpruess

thanks! :)

sapientdust

I just finished IM Igor Khmelnitsky's Improve your Decision Making in Critical Positions Chess Mentor course, and I have to say, I really enjoyed the course and found it tremendously instructive. That's been my  favorite course so far.

I'd love to see more courses on the "critical positions" theme, with a mixture of opening/middlegame/endgame positions, just like that one, and some more courses from IM Khmelnitsky would also be very welcome.

Thanks!

dpruess

thanks!

tommyblyton
dpruess wrote:

Hi!

Anyone out there have any suggestions for topics for future Chess Mentor courses?

Yes, Actually, there are maybe millions of Courses you could get!

You could try reading Attack and counter attack in chess.

Good luck!

VLMJ

Ways to play for a draw.  Recognition of positions leading to a draw.  Principles of playing to a draw.

dpruess

thanks!

faidhhasan

i love white

Conflagration_Planet

How about Chess Mentor courses aimed at 12 to 14 hundred or so?

dpruess

yep, that's already on my list, woodshover!

:-)

Conflagration_Planet
dpruess wrote:

yep, that's already on my list, woodshover!

:-)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chessroboto
woodshover wrote:

Doesn't Chess Mentor already have lessons aimed at those levels?

dpruess

needs more!

Conflagration_Planet
chessroboto wrote:
woodshover wrote:

Doesn't Chess Mentor already have lessons aimed at those levels?

It has LESSONS (needs more) but no courses that I know of.

shequan

new additions by silman. not to offend the authors of the other courses, they are all really good, but silman's courses in particular have been invaluable to me.