Forums

Why not for free ?

Sort:
forrie

" "MONEY IS THE UNITY FOR WORK"...ok, that's gotta be a bumper sticker."

it is of course an imperfect unity though. you dont get the same money for working in a China coal mine than in a new york office, although the coal mine is harder work and, well.....riskier.   however, the coal miner may be a happier man than the NY office worker. haha, it is very complex. Smile

nqi
LisaV wrote:

because chess.com is a facade for hacker training.  you must hack into "chess" mentor to receive its benefits.  once there, you will receive instructions for your next assignment.  those "chess" ratings?  hacker ratings.

I'm up to breaking into classified CIA files. Is there anything after that?

Changu

Wow one day it may b free for all or pay for all

ReverendVicious

i own chess mentor 3. its a total waste of time

AndyClifton

Thanks for dredging this one up out of the muck, Changu.

learningthemoves
ksv_mani wrote:
[COMMENT DELETED]

Next you feel the gentle but firm nudge of someone determined to wake you up.

And it's this post. So let the following sink in and you'll be much the wiser...

These few sentences will save you years of self-pity. The sooner you realize it, accept it and even learn to appreciate it, the happier, more fulfilled life you'll live.

They are:

1. Life isn't fair.

2. Nobody owes you anything.

3. You aren't entitled to anything.

4. If you really want something bad enough, you work for it and earn it.

5. If you don't really want to work to earn it, then you must not really want it.

If you find yourself resenting these statements instead of being grateful for the wisdom from your elders, for your own good, then you will need to correct your attitude.

If you are grateful for the benefit of saving yourself years of aggravation because the experience of others has come back to help you get a head start, then there's more where that came from, but this should get you off to a good start.

ReverendVicious

thanks for the enlightening speech dad. we are all learning new things today

Conflagration_Planet
ReverendVicious wrote:

i own chess mentor 3. its a total waste of time

Why?

ReverendVicious

because i say so...idk. i speak for myself... uv been a member since 2009. has it helped u improve?

AndyClifton

He did it his way.

ReverendVicious
AndyClifton wrote:

He did it his way.

lol, u havent even used chess mentor

Conflagration_Planet
ReverendVicious wrote:

because i say so...idk. i speak for myself... uv been a member since 2009. has it helped u improve?

No, or I would still be a diamond, but that's just me.

cabadenwurt

I'm with you AndyClifton, thank goodness they brought this thread back  lol. And I thought that I started some threads that were real " clunkers ". Laughing

AndyClifton

Oh well, at least it's good to see Prawn's name again (along with that OmarCayenne idiot). Smile

konhidras
AndyClifton wrote:

Oh well, at least it's good to see Prawn's name again (along with that OmarCayenne idiot). 

aren't you OmarCayenne?

learningthemoves
ReverendVicious wrote:

No big step for a stepper son. You see, with maturity and real manhood comes the knowledge you don't have to prove yourself a man...you already are.

"Dad" figured this out long ago, but right on time.

This means no sarcastic edge to a forum post, some "boo ya!" type retort after a lucky bullet match or any of that nonsense.

Got it? You just already are. 

Now go take out the trash and make sure your beautiful mother doesn't have to pick up after you too much. It's almost dinner time. Tongue Out

Conflagration_Planet
learning moves wrote:
Reverend Vicious wrote:

No big step for a stepper son. You see, with maturity and real manhood comes the knowledge you don't have to prove yourself a man...you already are.

This means no sarcastic edge to a forum post, some "boo ya!" type retort after a lucky bullet match or any of that nonsense.

Now go take out the trash and make sure your beautiful mother doesn't have to pick up after you too much. It's almost dinner time. 

You can prove that you're a man by drinking fruit juice from a can.

AndyClifton
konhidras wrote:
AndyClifton wrote:

Oh well, at least it's good to see Prawn's name again (along with that OmarCayenne idiot). 

aren't you OmarCayenne?

Little escapes you, kon. Smile

ReverendVicious
learningthemoves wrote:
ReverendVicious wrote:

Now go take out the trash and make sure your beautiful mother doesn't have to pick up after you too much. It's almost dinner time. 

i think its beginning to sink in now pops. im glad we got that sorted out