Forums

1. e4 vs 1. d4

Sort:
DrSpudnik

It's not the first opening move that's boring, it's the player who makes it boring.

TitanCG

This thread is why opening theory can be a waste of time.

Sicilian_Dragon_Metr

"With 1.e4 i win!!!"-Bobby Fischer

RVISHWA

i am a fan of e4 because it is easy to develop all the pieces

AlCzervik

I don't care what others play. As long as they move quickly.

nameno1had

I am currently working on novelties for 1.c3 .... that has to be close to worst...

ajmeroski

It's not that bad, you can always go into something like Colle system with 1. c3. It doesn't have many advantages though.

lcmil

d4 = refuted.

sammynouri
lcmil wrote:

d4 = refuted.

Please explain how the second most played opening move is refuted?

DrSpudnik

LOLZ!

e4Najdorf

e4 is better than d4 because the KID is awesome,only retards hate it

Spiritbro77

50% of the time you're going to be playing black. So being familiar with e4, d4 and c4 openings as well as the occasional nf3 etc. is prudent.

Spiritbro77
e4Najdorf wrote:

What does the Kings Indian defense have to do with it?

sammynouri
Spiritbro77 wrote:
e4Najdorf wrote:

What does the Kings Indian defense have to do with it?

Its a good defense to d4, thats why its relevant. But keep in mind white has many options responding to 1...Nf6 Such as Nf3 with the idea of a Barry attack which I use as white as well as the colle system and countless other variations.

Spiritbro77

But against e4 you can use the Pirc which is basically the KID with different move order. :)

Scottrf

The Pirc is almost a pawn down after 3 moves, just ask the chess.com computer.

DeadlyKingV

Neither is better, it is a matter of styles

d4 --->It is for players quieter

e4 --->Is for more aggressive players

Spiritbro77

I'm just learning so what are the big differences between the Pirc and the KID. To my amature eye, at the end of 5 moves both end up in this position. Whites side may be different but to me they play very similarly. Not trying to troll, just understand the differences.

Vernord00

Betul juga la kamu cakap

nameno1had
Spiritbro77 wrote:

I'm just learning so what are the big differences between the Pirc and the KID. To my amature eye, at the end of 5 moves both end up in this position. Whites side may be different but to me they play very similarly. Not trying to troll, just understand the differences.

Attempts at a different move order, will begin to elicit different responses that, end up forcing the position away from the one you hoped to transpose to, especially as the skill of those you play increase. They will know better how to punish you for innacurate play.