Forums

3/0 Blitz repertoire

Sort:
GreenLeaf14

I like to play blitz at my free time.I play the French,Sicilian Kan,Benoni,KID and sometimes the QID and as white the Italian Game or KIA structures but I would really like to learn some new fun openings to spice things up from time to time,so...any suggestions?

costag

Yea, I got one. Try Fried Liver as black. Here's how it goes: 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Nf6 4. Ng5 d5 5. exd5 Na5 6. Bb5+ c6 7. dxc6 bxc6 8. Qf3 or Be2

Although you gambit a pawn, you have a good development and it'll be easier to attack. I'm just that kind of agressive player.

ViktorHNielsen

Gambits in general. Example: Elephant Gambit. 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 d5

DrSpudnik

3/0 is so fast, you may as well play anything. If you play what you know best, you'll at least be able to save a few seconds of actual thinking.

GreenLeaf14

I have tried the FLA but with not so much success...the Elephant gambit after exd5 Qxd5 Nc3 Q retreats so I don't think it's a good idea...

DrSpudnik

If you ever get in a tight position in 3/0, you'll burn all your time thinking.

GreenLeaf14

True true that's why I try to play as much as possible from the book in the opening so as to have more time to think at the middle and endgame

Swindlers_List

Lines where you know very well your plans are just as effective, even more so than gambit lines where you know some tricks.

I dont really play blitz, but I can blast out moves in the berlin and many of my reti variations without thinking.

GreenLeaf14

Any other suggestions?

DrSpudnik

At best, 3-min would be where you play stuff you know inside out so you don't have to think much.

You should use the repertoire you use for slow play.

Expertise87

I usually make stuff up.in 3 min

Expertise87

A knight in the center is as strong as a piece!

DrSpudnik

I mean a much piecier piece.

GreenLeaf14

I am thinking of giving this a try against the Sicilian Defense,it is called the Kopec system:

GreenLeaf14

Any views?

GreenLeaf14

h3 can be played after e6(either 2.e6 or at any other time)

GreenLeaf14

here is an instructive video of his:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbmcoohIWjY  

it explains basic principles of this opening via some of his own games