Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Aggressive Response to 4...Nf6 in the Scotch


  • 3 years ago · #381

    The_Gavinator

    In the KG, white can't castle and loses a pawn, but apparently that's ok...

  • 3 years ago · #382

    Eris_Discordia

    After e4 e5 nf3 nc6 d4 exd4 bc4 bc5 ng5, why can't black play d5? (Sorry, if this is a stupid question.)

  • 3 years ago · #383

    Topkatz

    Eris_Discordia wrote:

    After e4 e5 nf3 nc6 d4 exd4 bc4 bc5 ng5, why can't black play d5? (Sorry, if this is a stupid question.)

    He loses a pawn.

    And I now understand why that position is sort of bad for white. I'd like to thank Tony for helping me see that, instead of pfren who only decides to make me look idiotic.

  • 3 years ago · #384

    Eris_Discordia

    Thanks.

  • 3 years ago · #385

    TonyH

    Your welcome Topkatz. I dont mind Pfren's blunt approach. its just a style thing and refreshing at some level. Also his patience has been tried with the mental leeching by the some of posters here. 

  • 3 years ago · #386

    The_Gavinator

    Well see, that's cuz pfren is cool. Although trying to combat a beast like the Parham can be mentally straining.

  • 3 years ago · #387

    Topkatz

    joeydvivre wrote:

    "After e4 e5 nf3 nc6 d4 exd4 bc4 bc5 ng5, why can't black play d5?"

    In case Topkatz' answer wasn't clear - white just plays Bxd5 and black has lost a pawn for a little development = not worth it.

     



    He probably thought after he could play Be6 blocking the bishop, which would lose another pawn. That's the only line that is opened after playing D5, which as you said, isn't worth it.

    Edit~ No Idea how to get this message out of the quote :S

  • 3 years ago · #388

    Rubidium

    TonyH wrote:

    Your welcome Topkatz. I dont mind Pfren's blunt approach. its just a style thing and refreshing at some level. Also his patience has been tried with the mental leeching by the some of posters here. 

    1+

    Anyways, after 1.e4 e5 2.Nc3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Nf6 4. d3 Bc5 you can make it exciting where you play 5.f4!?

    This is my opening, I have played it exclusively, and beginners can easily fall into traps. Tell me this isn't cool: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1076122

  • 3 years ago · #389

    Eris_Discordia

    So after Bc5, what should you play?

  • 3 years ago · #390

    Rubidium

    The_Gavinator wrote:

    Well see, that's cuz pfren is cool. Although trying to combat a beast like the Parham can be mentally straining.

    Mentally STRAINING:



  • 3 years ago · #391

    The_Gavinator

    That's cute.

  • 3 years ago · #392

    Rubidium

    Eris_Discordia wrote:

    So after Bc5, what should you play?

    If you're refering to my comment, 5.f4

    If you're talking about the scotch, I would play Nxc6. 

  • 3 years ago · #393

    Rubidium

    The_Gavinator wrote:

    That's cute.

    No, the Parham is MURDERING, BLOODTHIRSTY, and an UNSTOPPABLE ATTACK.

    Restrictions apply. Do not take Parham if you have stomach, liver, or kidney problems. Side effects include not learning about chess, painfull death, or a win in less than 5 moves. Contact your doctor if Parham is right for you. 

  • 3 years ago · #394

    The_Gavinator

    I remember when I had my first beer.

  • 3 years ago · #395

    CHCL

     I started reading this post on the Parham and Matrix system and it doesn't make sense.

  • 3 years ago · #396

    CHCL

    whatupyodog2 wrote:
    Rubidium wrote:
    The_Gavinator wrote:

    That's cute.

    No, the Parham is MURDERING, BLOODTHIRSTY, and an UNSTOPPABLE ATTACK.

    Restrictions apply. Do not take Parham if you have stomach, liver, or kidney problems. Side effects include not learning about chess, painfull death, or a win in less than 5 moves. Contact your doctor if Parham is right for you. 

    lol, but in all seriousness, the parham pwns.

    It does not.

  • 3 years ago · #397

    Eris_Discordia

    Rubidium, I'm talking about this position.



    This is after 4. Bc5.

  • 3 years ago · #398

    The_Gavinator

    CHCL wrote:

     I started reading this post on the Parham and Matrix system and it doesn't make sense.

    Or maybe you don't understand it...

  • 3 years ago · #399

    Rubidium

    No idea. Let me check the database...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4

  • 3 years ago · #400

    Rubidium

    Eris_Discordia wrote:

    Rubidium, I'm talking about this position.

    This is after 4. Bc5.

     

    The database says 5.c3 5.0-0 and 5.Ng5. I would play c3, a gambit for developement. 0-0 is premature for me. I would rather wait. But that's just my style.


Back to Top
This forum topic has been locked.