10444 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
maybe thats why america is in debt to lots of countries
America has what, like 15 trillion dollars of debt? That means each of the 300 million citizens owes 50,000 dolars of debt. I doubt most of the Americans have that much money. That's why there's an issue with the US becoming more and more socialist and needs to be capitalist, but enough with that....
Scotch does lose a pawn on 4...Qh4, it's amazing that alexlaw is a 1900 and doesn't know the difference between losing a pawn and a trade.
P.S.- The US lost the space race, the only thing they did was get to the moon first, the Soviets beat them in almost every other category.
Let's see here:
First satelite, first animal in space, first probe to the moon, first human in orbit, first space station.
First human on the moon.
I think it's safe to say the soviets won...
but the Ultimate goal was the moon, and American's got thier first, we were also the first one's to put Weapons in space for defence, (look up SDI/ Star Wars(defence program))
It don't matter as America is approaching communism, it's nowhere near what it was back in the days of the cold war.
thats why I supported Ron Paul
Eh it don't really matter, there's like 500 people out of the 300 million that make all the decisions, the individual's opinion really means nothing.
See that's my point right there, and what's the compensation, black can't castle? White can't castle in the KG, and you and jetfighter think it's the greatest thing in the world.
That doesn't do anything when your rated like 500 higher than me now does it?
Yes, yes..The US dominated the "real" space race. Just to resolve all other outstanding arguments:
- Tom Brady is the best quarterback to ever live Though a patriots fan, I dissagree
- Michael Jordan is the best basketball player to ever live Don't care, hate Basketball
- Pele is the best athlete to ever live Best Soccer player The best athlete was Jim Thorpe
- Winning American Idol isn't any better than finishing second Don't Give a crap
- Winning Survivor doesn't mean squat Other than being a million dollars richer
- The_Gavinator is underrated and has a chess understanding far in excess of his paltry rating. Don't care
- IM pfren is highly overrated and would likely be the underdog in a match with Gavinator Seriously doubt
- The Republicans messed up this country Political parties screwed america over
- Except for the mess created by the Democrats refer to previous point
- The country was a better place before we allowed Jackie Robinson to play major league ball but baseball was better after we allowed Jackie Robinson to play major league ball. America was worse off in those Racist days (I am white, so this isn't Racialy motivated)
- We could sure use a man like Herbert Hoover again. Hover did Squat after the Market collapsed, we need another Regan
If you were being sarcastic in those, then great sence of humor
if you were being serious, then those are my opinions in Red
the king is perfectly safe on f1 in the KG, and many games prove this.
The difference is that white gives away a pawn so he can't castle, in the Steintz black gains a pawn but in exchange he can't castle.
no white can castle if he wants, but that would be passive in some lines, plus the pawn is for open lines to attack the Black king which is stuck in the center. get every piece aimed at f7 and fire away.
Getting all piece pointed at f7 is a beginners tactic, it fails after 0-0 anywyas.
And Bruce, I agree with the first one, I haven't heard of the next 2, I'll have to look into it.
OK, that line you gave is actualy better for white
That's not the point, I was just talking about the not being able to castle.
- Tom Brady is the best quarterback to ever live
- Michael Jordan is the best basketball player to ever live
- Pele is the best athlete to ever live
- Winning American Idol isn't any better than finishing second
- Winning Survivor doesn't mean squat
- The_Gavinator is underrated and has a chess understanding far in excess of his paltry rating.
- IM pfren is highly overrated and would likely be the underdog in a match with Gavinator
- The Republicans messed up this country
- Except for the mess created by the Democrats
- The country was a better place before we allowed Jackie Robinson to play major league ball but baseball was better after we allowed Jackie Robinson to play major league ball.
- We could sure use a man like Herbert Hoover again.
You're allowed to become my russian wife. Interested?
There is a law against russian wives without beard in the great soviet. Of course the beard will not be in the way.
highest rated on chess.com
by pilotk9 4 minutes ago
Chessbazaar's Dubrovnik 4" crimson problem?
by burke3gd 8 minutes ago
3/1/2015 - Compelled To Lose
by PuzzlePlayer 8 minutes ago
sicilian defense as a main weapon
by ipcress12 8 minutes ago
USCF Online Rated Tournaments
by Jion_Wansu 10 minutes ago
1000 Worst Places to Play Chess
by winerkleiner 11 minutes ago
Post your best miniatures here
by DarkVlader 14 minutes ago
Any Advice For a New Player
by I_Am_Second 14 minutes ago
How Many Chess Sets Do You Own?
by loubalch 16 minutes ago
Needed a Second Queen - Son Carved One
by burke3gd 27 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!