Blitz Death Match 26: GM Krush vs GM Kosintseva is LIVE! Hosted by IM Rensch & GM Hess! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Aggressive Response to 4...Nf6 in the Scotch

• 2 years ago · #181

The_Gavinator

True, but most people well end up playing Na5, and white still goes up a pawn.

• 2 years ago · #182

TonyH

and the two knights defense is a legit opening. black has active piece play for the pawn. played by some good gms even today when given the chance

• 2 years ago · #183

Helzeth

k.

you want a rep with unbalanced chances where you'll be able to attack?

English

gg hf.

• 2 years ago · #184

AnthonyCG

He wants an opening where Black has to sit back and die slowly while he has all the chances but that opening does not exist.

• 2 years ago · #185

Helzeth

AnthonyCG wrote:

He wants an opening where Black has to sit back and die slowly while he has all the chances but that opening does not exist.

Sounds like all my games vs my coach who plays the catalan...

• 2 years ago · #186

The_Gavinator

You were getting pwned until he hung rook, nice job losing to the worst opening in chess.

• 2 years ago · #187

The_Gavinator

Well your first issue was move 3, and he had 2 rooks and more pawns.

The KG is easy, play 1...c5

• 2 years ago · #188

jetfighter13

here is my analysis

My position was easy to play after g3 by you, also I had a decent game after the Exchange sac, which was a nice trick, to bad I saw it comming. as for my technique, it was worse than yours, but the opening does not suck, I gained back my gambit pawn, got an easy position to play, and if I had played the right moves, which are illustrated in the parentheticals, would have gone on to win.

• 2 years ago · #189

CHCL

The Kings Gambit is not a bad opening. It is just unfashionable. Spassky played with very good results.

• 2 years ago · #190

The_Gavinator

Yeah, I agree you would've gone on to win, but that's cuz whatupyodog sucks. Play 3...Nf6, followed by d4, then dominate the position, and be up a pawn.

• 2 years ago · #191

Helzeth

The_Gavinator wrote:

Yeah, I agree you would've gone on to win, but that's cuz whatupyodog sucks. Play 3...Nf6, followed by d4, then dominate the position, and be up a pawn.

you ladies bickering now?

• 2 years ago · #192

The_Gavinator

Nah, it's just dissapointing he's lost twice to the KG, we both agree the Parham is the best opening in chess.

• 2 years ago · #193

CHCL

Not one Chess champion played the Parham, and you are trying to tell us it is so good? Seriously, it is a stupid opening. Even the KG is better.

• 2 years ago · #194

The_Gavinator

At least the Parham doesn't give away material and position...

• 2 years ago · #195

Conquistador

Wait, are you saying you want to play it as white?

• 2 years ago · #196

Conquistador

I personally don't care which side to play.  I never played a game with it as white though.  At least I have theory to back me up.  Sounds interesting.

• 2 years ago · #197

Helzeth

The_Gavinator wrote:

At least the Parham doesn't give away material and position...

wrong.

• 2 years ago · #198

The_Gavinator

Really, cuz in jetfighter's like 10 boards, white had better position in almost all of them.

• 2 years ago · #199

jetfighter13

here is what happens after 3. Nf6

• 2 years ago · #200

jetfighter13

school, most people don't get out stateside until June.

This forum topic has been locked.