Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Aggressive Response to 4...Nf6 in the Scotch

• 3 years ago · #321

NachtWulf

finalunpurez wrote:

Closed sicllian, c3 sicillian and Bb5+ sidelines is the way to handle book eaters :P

This is why I like facing the Sicilian as white! Unless you spend a dozen hours for every one that I put into studying theory, it's likely I'll be more prepared.

• 3 years ago · #322

Helzeth

NachtWulf wrote:
    finalunpurez wrote:

Closed sicllian, c3 sicillian and Bb5+ sidelines is the way to handle book eaters :P

This is why I like facing the Sicilian as white! Unless you spend a dozen hours for every one that I put into studying theory, it's likely I'll be more prepared.

Any dedicated sicilian player does not fear the silly sidelines.

Maybe it's because I play the english (where I often get a closed sicilian as white) but getting a closed sicilian literally makes me happy. The same goes for alapin or morra gambit(which I transform into alapin with nf6)

It's like.. Well. I'm fine in the opening, time to outplay my opponent instead of ''I really hope he isnt going to play the english attack :xxxxx

• 3 years ago · #323

NachtWulf

whatupyodog2 wrote:

Why dont you guys learn how to play good before you study all your opening theory crap.

...says the guy who specializes in opening novelties.

• 3 years ago · #324

CHCL

NachtWulf wrote:
    whatupyodog2 wrote:

Why dont you guys learn how to play good before you study all your opening theory crap.

...says the guy who specializes in opening novelties.

LOLLaughing

• 3 years ago · #325

CHCL

I think they moved to another Parham forum. There has been like 5 or so Parham forums. This is just ridiculous. Chess.com should add Parham to their spell check.LOL

• 3 years ago · #326

The_Gavinator

There's a difference between using the Parham and winning games, and memorizing the first 20 moves of the ruy lopez...

• 3 years ago · #327

CHCL

But they have the Lopez in their spell check.Tongue out

• 3 years ago · #328

CHCL

Both games are filled with blunders. You have got to give us better examples.

• 3 years ago · #329

RalphTheWonderLlama

White looks pretty retarded here.

• 3 years ago · #330

CHCL

Show us that game.

• 3 years ago · #332

NachtWulf

I pity you, if you didn't realize that alexlaw was trying to play the Bongocloud in the first game... and am greatly amused by the number of queen moves in the second. Also, >5 min games aren't really chess.

(Correction: I meant <5)

• 3 years ago · #333

Eris_Discordia

NachtWulf, don't you mean <5 min.

• 3 years ago · #334

The_Gavinator

I was watching the FM game, I think it was a 2 or 3 mintue game.

• 3 years ago · #335

NachtWulf

Eris_Discordia wrote:

NachtWulf, don't you mean <5 min.

My mistake, I typed the wrong sign.

• 3 years ago · #336

NachtWulf

On the contrary, I think that Nakamura or some other master stated that playing chess with such short time controls actually was detrimental to their chess, since moves tend to be played based on intuition as opposed to calculation.

• 3 years ago · #337

The_Gavinator

Is that why Nakamura is the US champion and in the top 10 in the world?

• 3 years ago · #338

RalphTheWonderLlama

Recent bullet win against a Parham junkie.  Pretty typical in my experience.

• 3 years ago · #339

NachtWulf

I'd be surprised if Naka exclusively played short blitz games, but I could be wrong. My point is that the 3|0 or 1|0 games being posted by your friend (or alter ego?) appear as poor examples of opening understanding.

• 3 years ago · #340

RalphTheWonderLlama

Incidentally, you don't see Parham players blunder the queen on move two at time controls longer than blitz.  But on the other hand, you don't really see Parham players win at time controls longer than blitz.

The modern effectively refutes the Parham.

This forum topic has been locked.