Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Aggressive Response to 4...Nf6 in the Scotch

• 23 months ago · #321

jetfighter13

no, I was just saying the najdorf is the most often played, against the Dragon, I either play the Yugoslav 9.0-0-0 or the Levenfish

• 23 months ago · #322

Helzeth

alexlaw wrote:

i play the dragon, sveshnikov, taimanov/kan and the najdorf. It is a headache to play against me otb. well i also play the caro-kann and a6, but these openings aren't nearly as complicated.

haha, I'm the opposite. Or at least otb. I only play the taimanov/QGD as black and the english opening as white

• 23 months ago · #323

The_Gavinator

The Najdorf is gay, Classical is the way to go.

• 23 months ago · #324

finalunpurez

Closed sicllian, c3 sicillian and Bb5+ sidelines is the way to handle book eaters :P

• 23 months ago · #325

The_Gavinator

I just play the Classical Sicilian, up to the Nc6 move, I don't know any theory after that. It's just very natural, and leaves you with a good position.

• 23 months ago · #326

NachtWulf

finalunpurez wrote:

Closed sicllian, c3 sicillian and Bb5+ sidelines is the way to handle book eaters :P

This is why I like facing the Sicilian as white! Unless you spend a dozen hours for every one that I put into studying theory, it's likely I'll be more prepared.

• 23 months ago · #327

Helzeth

NachtWulf wrote:
    finalunpurez wrote:

This is why I like facing the Sicilian as white! Unless you spend a dozen hours for every one that I put into studying theory, it's likely I'll be more prepared.

Any dedicated sicilian player does not fear the silly sidelines.

Maybe it's because I play the english (where I often get a closed sicilian as white) but getting a closed sicilian literally makes me happy. The same goes for alapin or morra gambit(which I transform into alapin with nf6)

It's like.. Well. I'm fine in the opening, time to outplay my opponent instead of ''I really hope he isnt going to play the english attack :xxxxx

• 23 months ago · #328

NachtWulf

whatupyodog2 wrote:

Why dont you guys learn how to play good before you study all your opening theory crap.

...says the guy who specializes in opening novelties.

• 23 months ago · #329

CHCL

NachtWulf wrote:
    whatupyodog2 wrote:

Why dont you guys learn how to play good before you study all your opening theory crap.

...says the guy who specializes in opening novelties.

LOLLaughing

• 23 months ago · #330

CHCL

I think they moved to another Parham forum. There has been like 5 or so Parham forums. This is just ridiculous. Chess.com should add Parham to their spell check.LOL

• 23 months ago · #331

The_Gavinator

There's a difference between using the Parham and winning games, and memorizing the first 20 moves of the ruy lopez...

• 23 months ago · #332

CHCL

But they have the Lopez in their spell check.Tongue out

• 23 months ago · #333

CHCL

Both games are filled with blunders. You have got to give us better examples.

• 23 months ago · #334

RalphTheWonderLlama

White looks pretty retarded here.

• 23 months ago · #335

CHCL

Show us that game.

• 23 months ago · #337

NachtWulf

I pity you, if you didn't realize that alexlaw was trying to play the Bongocloud in the first game... and am greatly amused by the number of queen moves in the second. Also, >5 min games aren't really chess.

(Correction: I meant <5)

• 23 months ago · #338

Eris_Discordia

NachtWulf, don't you mean <5 min.

• 23 months ago · #339

The_Gavinator

I was watching the FM game, I think it was a 2 or 3 mintue game.

• 23 months ago · #340

NachtWulf

Eris_Discordia wrote:

NachtWulf, don't you mean <5 min.

My mistake, I typed the wrong sign.

This forum topic has been locked.