Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Creating my Nimzo-Indian Repertoire?!


  • 22 months ago · Quote · #22

    Marcus-101

    Haha nice game!

     

    @Irontiger, that's funny because I find the Qc2 and e3 lines much easier to play than the f3/a3 lines! 

     

    I don't think I am going to try playing c5/d5 against the f3 line because I don't really think I understand the positions very well. I think I'll prefer piling up on the c4 pawn.

    @pfren 4...c5 5.a3 Ba5 looks very interesting, I think I will have to look into it a bit more later

    I'm not too sure on 4...O-O 5.a3 Bxc3 6.bxc3 Nh5, I think after 7.Nh3 white has a large central presence and I'm not sure what Black should do with his lead in development, becuase white is just going to play e4-Be2 and O-O

    Anyway what of the  4.f3 d5 5.a3 Be7!? variation? Here is Anands game with it



  • 22 months ago · Quote · #23

    Irontiger

    Marcus-101 wrote:

    @Irontiger, that's funny because I find the Qc2 and e3 lines much easier to play than the f3/a3 lines! 

    Hum...

    Either you are much more experienced than I am with it, or much less.

    Guess what I'm thinking ?

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #24

    moonnie

    I did not like tiviakovs cd's to much .. it is like move move move black is equal but no reasons of explanations. Sometimes i dont understand why

    I am curious if anybody has some inside information on the cd from bogolan about the Nimzo I do like his catalan cd

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #25

    Marcus-101

    Irontiger wrote:
    Marcus-101 wrote:

    @Irontiger, that's funny because I find the Qc2 and e3 lines much easier to play than the f3/a3 lines! 

    Hum...

    Either you are much more experienced than I am with it, or much less.

    Guess what I'm thinking ?

    Haha I wonder... Seriously though for me I feel much more 'at home' in the positions particularly after 4.e3. I guess most people play the Nimzo for the positions after Black doubles the pawns whereas I don't..

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #26

    Irontiger

    Marcus-101 wrote:

    Haha I wonder... Seriously though for me I feel much more 'at home' in the positions particularly after 4.e3. I guess most people play the Nimzo for the positions after Black doubles the pawns whereas I don't..

    Well, the doubled pawns are something concrete you can build an attack on.

    Whereas the lead in development after 4.Qc2 is much a win-or-die situation. If you have been slowly crushed by a pair of bishop before, you know what it means.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #28

    Marcus-101

    Okay, I will look out for that!

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #31

    Marcus-101

    Do you mean a Huebner variation?

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #32

    Marcus-101

    I really don't think I fully understand the positions after c5 and d5. Interesting game though pfren

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #35

    tonylu75491

    I like 4...b6 against 4.e3 and 4.Nf6. It also helps to learn the QID with this as transpositions often occur. I like Dearing's Play the Nimzo Indian and Greet's Play the Queen's Indian. 


Back to Top

Post your reply: