Forums

Defences to the Parham Attack

Sort:
Rubidium

NM

The_Gavinator

Yes he is a National MASTER. And Nakamura said he was WINNING, against a 2600.

CHCL
The_Gavinator wrote:

Mr. Parham is a NM, IM Pfren world be able to beat him.

Yereslov
CHCL wrote:
The_Gavinator wrote:

Mr. Parham is a NM, IM Pfren world be able to beat him.

Nakamura is in the top ten. Are you trolling?

Eris_Discordia
[COMMENT DELETED]
The_Gavinator
Eris_Discordia wrote:

Nakamura wouldn't play the Parham.

http://www.365chess.com/search_result.php?search=1&m=4&n=838&ms=e4.e5.Qh5.Nc6&wid=8099

CHCL
[COMMENT DELETED]
Rubidium

with two draws...

Eris_Discordia

I'm sorry I didn't finish my statement. Nakamura wouldn't play the Parham in a real game against pfren, based on the fact that he hasn't played the Parham in seven years.

The_Gavinator

GM's tend to draw, I know you're not very smart, but that's how it is.

CHCL

On that database Black had a 59% win ratio, which is not very good.

The_Gavinator
CHCL wrote:

On that database Black had a 59% win ratio, which is not very good.

Eris_Discordia

That tells us that white won 7 games, black won 6 games, and 4 were drawn. Which proves absolutely nothing.

The_Gavinator

No, it shows that the Parham Attack scores about the same as other major openings when you play the reasonable line.

Eris_Discordia

No it doesn't, because in major openings the score is based on thousands of games, seventeen games aren't going to give an accurate comparison.

Rubidium

why did you lose against Shepi?

Eris_Discordia

Wait, if that isn't a masters database then why is he showing it to us.

Rubidium

This topic has gone off defenses to the parham, and is now just a battle ground of insults. 

sanan22

Error 404#: life not found

Rubidium
joeydvivre wrote:

Can't play 3-0 and doesn't prove squat.  How about 15-10?

The bet is that we play 5 games and you play white in every game. You play either the Parham or the Bongcloud.  I give you draw odds on the match (so if it ends 2 1/2 - 2 1/2, you win).  If you win, I will play my next three team match games online with white using the Parham (or somehow I will get 3 Parham games with white since obviously I can't make black play e5).  If I win, you will publicly state on a separate thread to my satisfaction and never repudiate that the Parham sucks as bad as the Bongcloud.

That sounds reasonable.

Just something to resolve the argument.