Forums

Good e4 Opening with Queen

Sort:
kgwkyle

I think this is a fairly decent opening and you can fool many players this way with your queen if you're white.

kgwkyle

It depends on the other player's rating I guess

The_Gavinator

Parham Attack, greatest opening ever.

jim483

to paulgottlieb. if you answer 2.qh5 with 2...nc6 white can play 3.bc4 forcing 3...g6, or 3.bb5 keeping you on the defensive. as for the gavinator refer to my last post about your qsfl.

The_Gavinator

This is a great opening. Anybody who says otherwise is truly a Patzer.

netzach

Fairly decent opening if you can find an opponent daft enough to play g6 you mean...

kgwkyle
DannyRench wrote:

I played this in the Bongcloud Memorial last June vs. GM Vitaly Jerkov. He never saw it coming.

See? It can work :)

The_Gavinator

No this opening is great, you are all just so dull. It launches a powerful attack.

kgwkyle
The_Gavinator wrote:

No this opening is great, you are all just so dull. It launches a powerful attack.

I agree!

jim483

kgwkyle, i think you missed dannyrench's joke. he played GM vitaly JERKOV.unless the joke's on me and there really is a GM vitaly jerkov or your just playing along.

jim483

uhohspaghettio, you beat me to the punch but there should be bongcloud memorial. in negril, jamacia.

The_Gavinator

Well Nakamura thought it was good enough...

ilikeflags

dude!  i just tried this opening and it totally didn't work.  

The_Gavinator

I looked at your recent games, you havent...

DrSpudnik

Some idiot played it against me in 7th grade. I had the bright idea to play Nc6 and was considered the biggest genius in the room for at least a few minutes there. Well worth it!

jim483

gavinator, you aren't nakamura. he played it twice in GM play to a draw both times, hardly a precedent.

ilikeflags
The_Gavinator wrote:

I looked at your recent games, you havent...

wait, are my OTB games not showing up here?  hmm.

The_Gavinator

Your most recent game was center counter defence

ilikeflags
The_Gavinator wrote:

Your most recent game was center counter defence

ilikeflags

n00b