Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How to Blast out Kings gambit???

• 23 months ago · Quote · #1

dahal32

Hey friends, I was wondering if you wud suggest me how I could bombard someone using Kings Gambit. Always suppose that I am declining the gambit...

Thanks in advance!!!

• 23 months ago · Quote · #2

JustinJ_FairfieldU

Hi, are you talking about as white or black? if black, these lines are especially deadly.

here is a good article on this defence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer_Defense

another good one is the falkbeer counter gambit

If you are really interested in the KGA, join the group the king's gambit players and look at the vote chess matches. There is always a good KG match going on.  Hope that helps!

• 23 months ago · Quote · #3

dahal32

"Hi, are you talking about as white or black? if black, these lines are especially deadly."

Thanks, Justin...

• 23 months ago · Quote · #4

loodec

i think king gambit no longer praticed this day...

• 23 months ago · Quote · #5

The_Gavinator

It's pretty easy, black gives up a pawn and opens his kingside. If you are a passive player, just trade pieces and go to the endgame and win with your pawn advantage. If you are an aggerssive player, just attack black's exposed kingside, and win in 20 moves.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #6

jetfighter13

doesnt exactly work that way, gavinator, when I am done with my game vs. what up I will show you why, and I am not engineing him, and I will not claim that the opening is great, only playable, I will show why I played what I did, my thoughts durring the game, and why I think he played the moves he did.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #7

StrategicPlay

"In my opinion, the King's Gambit is busted. It loses by force." 

-Fischer

• 23 months ago · Quote · #8

StrategicPlay

Best way as Black is to accept the gambit and play aggresively. In Justin's first example, Black tries to drive away the Knight with his pawns and attack with Qh4+, which ruins White's Kingside. 

• 23 months ago · Quote · #9

jetfighter13

I play Bc4 plus Fischer didn't believe that statemend, as he played it later in his carrer, also Actions Speak louder than words.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #10

whatupyodog

Jetfighter, i believe i am currently busting the KG against you right now.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #11

whatupyodog

If you want to know how to blast out the kings gambit check out jetfighter and I's 20 move game.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #12

ArchieBunker

The game where you hung a rook on move 18 that he inexplicably ignored?

• 23 months ago · Quote · #13

whatupyodog

umm... no i would have gotten his right back and more, i admit that he could have made it last longer but i was clearly winning.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #14

jetfighter13

for a good time I had an advantage, I just screwed it up by overlooking a mate in two because I needed the Bishop out of the way

You played very actively and I kept missevaluating a winning move, oh well, another lesson.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #15

jetfighter13

you were no where near clearly winning Qd3 gives me a minor, but you are right about the rook not being free lol

• 23 months ago · Quote · #16

Rubidium

The King's Gambit isn't refuted, as far as I know. Here's a great game Boris Spassky vs Bronstein

• 23 months ago · Quote · #17

ArchieBunker

whatupyodog wrote:

umm... no i would have gotten his right back and more, i admit that he could have made it last longer but i was clearly winning.

X

• 23 months ago · Quote · #18

jetfighter13

here is what happens if I took the rook

• 23 months ago · Quote · #19

sanan22

modern scandinavian variation gives black easy equality

• 23 months ago · Quote · #20

ArchieBunker

jetfighter13 wrote:

here is what happens if I took the rook

Amazingly, 21.Qe1 is almost the only thing you can do that loses for you outright.

Post your reply: