2014 Sinquefield Cup is LIVE! Open to ALL MEMBERS! Join GM Ashley, GM Seirawan and WGM Shahade! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Interesting opening

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1

thehedgehog2000

Hello chess.com users today I would like to show you my main repertoire opening for white. It could start out as an english or reti opening but usually I use the english. It starts like this:

• 2 years ago · Quote · #2

Chess4001

it's a bit passive though. white should be striving to make another central pawn move and that should be good. this system looks fine, just a double fianchetto in an english.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #3

thehedgehog2000

AcivilizedGentleman wrote:

Playing the reversed hedgehog is very fine. Check out ulf andersson and mihal suba, both of them are most likely the best hedgehog users(and both used it as both white and black

the h3+g4 stuff seems a bit sudden

Thank you! and the point of h4+g4 is to somewhat shock my opponents

• 2 years ago · Quote · #5

Estragon

I don't get it.  It's very lackluster, and seems just nuts at 10 Ne1 - what is the point?  The Ne1 never moves again - you aren't going to win many games against decent opposition like that.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #6

finalunpurez

Pfren is right! A flank attack should only be carried out if the center is locked!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #7

thehedgehog2000

I'm not saying black played well on the contrary it was mainly an example to show the plan of the opening

• 2 years ago · Quote · #8

thehedgehog2000

Estragon wrote:

I don't get it.  It's very lackluster, and seems just nuts at 10 Ne1 - what is the point?  The Ne1 never moves again - you aren't going to win many games against decent opposition like that.

Moving the knight to e1 is played so that white can play f4 ect...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #10

thehedgehog2000

pfren wrote:

Black can probably play even better than that, but just follow the elementary principles: 11.f4 d5.

Now what? Black already seems somewhat better to me, as white is lacking any realistic plan.

It does seem a little far fetched doesn't it. I'm still working on my repertoire, its not permanent.

Post your reply: