Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Italian Novelty

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

ChristianSoldier007

what do you think

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

ChessisGood

You really want to know? I think 7. Kf1 is winning for White.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

ChristianSoldier007

a little analysis

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

Timothy_P

ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

a little analysis

Looks like white is winning after Kf1 to me!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

The_Gavinator

That's the Traxler, it sucks.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

VectorVictor

That's...not the Traxler.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

HermesvV

What about

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

silentiarius

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

ChristianSoldier007

yeah with besst play itrs not good. I did beat a hard computer three times with it though! That must mean it refutes 4.Ng5! at least by gavinator standards

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

batgirl

I was hoping for a new spaghetti sauce recipe :-(

But a Traxlerish variation is pretty good compensation, although I'm not sure Black gets enough compensation.  It's an interesting idea though.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

jetfighter13

Gavinator the following is the Traxler and it is good.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

ChristianSoldier007

i think that it may be ok against a lower rated opponent, but not good otherwise

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

The_Gavinator

CS, I agree. And nothing refutes Ng5, because that move wins at least a pawn.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

ChristianSoldier007

gavi i think i finally understand you now. you do not understand the concept of compensation well and do not know imbalances. I recommend reading silman's reasses your chess and other books so you can learn about all that

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

DaBigOne

Traxler is flawed according to computer analysis. But since we aren't all computers, it can be tricky in blitz or unexperienced opponents. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

The_Gavinator

Actually I do. For example, the fried liver gives excellent compensation for the knight, because you either win the piece back immediately, or have an almost unstoppable mating attack, if Ke6. The issue is that openings like the KG don't give enough compensation, because the just open up your kingside, while giving away a pawn, it seems pretty useless...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

DaBigOne

ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

gavi i think i finally understand you now. you do not understand the concept of compensation well and do not know imbalances. I recommend reading silman's reasses your chess and other books so you can learn about all that

Actually, Ng5 isn't ever going to be refuted because as Gavinator said, it wins a pawn. Although Black has good compensation in lines such as Na5, with development, initative, etc, Ng5 isn't refuted. Why do u think Ng5 is still the main line of the Two knights?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

ChristianSoldier007

@gavi all you know is attacking compensation, but you dont know anything about gambits and stuff.

@DaBigOne I never said it was the main line

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

DaBigOne

I know, im just saying, if it was refuted, it wouldnt BE the main line

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

The_Gavinator

That's because gambits suck. I realize they gain position, but someone who's not a retard can hold out, trade pieces, then go into an endgame up a pawn or two. The only good gambits are Double Muzio or Fried Liver, the positional Gambits are kinda lame.

Post your reply: