Forums

most annoying move order

Sort:
Fear_ItseIf

do you ever get swindled by move orders? if so what is the trickiest/most annoying you know of?

Mine is probably:

at which point i cant really delay furthur to get into my sveshnikov, without obtaining a worse position

Pacifique

Why not 3...e5 (recommended by Sveshnikov) ?

Pacifique

LOL 3...e5 has been tested even in top GM level with normal results. On 4.Bc4 the most common replies are 4...d6 and 4...Be7. Practice shows that Black has no reason to complain about opening.

opticRED

how about 4...d6?

and I thought this move order is annoying enough alread

Fear_ItseIf
Pacifique wrote:

LOL 3...e5 has been tested even in top GM level with normal results. On 4.Bc4 the most common replies are 4...d6 and 4...Be7. Practice shows that Black has no reason to complain about opening.

sure, its not that it gives trouble. its just boring and annoying to play against as often they can eventually play d4 and ill be in a taimanov or something

1RedKnight99
opticnerve wrote:

how about 4...d6?

and I thought this move order is annoying enough alread

The Hyper-accelerated Najdorf!

Expertise87

Fear_Itself how about 4...Nxe4 in your diagrammed position? I think it equalizes quite comfortably.

Fear_ItseIf
Expertise87 wrote:

Fear_Itself how about 4...Nxe4 in your diagrammed position? I think it equalizes quite comfortably.

it does indeed, its what my computer wants me to play. However many lines require some precise play following bxf7 kxf7 nxe4.
But its what ive been playing and works fine.