Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

My Opening Invention


  • 23 months ago · Quote · #1

    Yereslov

    Tell me what you guys think of my new variation.

    I'll call it the Yereslov Variation.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #2

    ChristianSoldier007

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #3

    kco

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #4

    ChessisGood

    Well, it's been played in thousands of games before you, so I hardly think you have the right to name it.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #5

    Yereslov

    Must be a different opening. 

    I just made this one up.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #6

    Yereslov

    ChessisGood wrote:

    Well, it's been played in thousands of games before you, so I hardly think you have the right to name it.

    I came up with it. I'm going to call it the Yereslov Variation.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #7

    kco

    click on the link, is excatlty the same.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #8

    kco

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #9

    ChessisGood

    It is by no means an invention. It is simply an act of plagiarism to say that you created it. You may call it whatever you wish, however, as long as you accept that it will not be officially dubbed the Yereslov.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #10

    ChristianSoldier007

    Click on my link, its been played many times and is the second most played move in that position. You can't name it, that would be like me trying to name the Open Variation of the Ruy Lopez after myself

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #11

    ChessisGood

    Also, at your level, I doubt that you could fully explain to me the merits of your move when compared to the more standard 3...Bf5.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #12

    nameno1had

    The only way you could ever get that phrase coined in relation to that opening, would be to become an historically great phenom( Multiple World Champ probably for it to have a chance to stick) and then maybe after time, people will remember you more for it than the guys who currently are credited with its inception as a good line of play. Good luck.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #13

    Yereslov

    ChessisGood wrote:

    Also, at your level, I doubt that you could fully explain to me the merits of your move when compared to the more standard 3...Bf5.

    3...Bf5 isn't more standard.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #14

    ChristianSoldier007

    it is vereslov. check the databases

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #15

    Yereslov

    ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

    it is vereslov. check the databases

    Which database? 

    They all show different variations.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #16

    ChessisGood

    MoveGames
    White Wins
    Draws
    Black Wins
    3...Bf5 6,003
    41.2% 28.5% 30.3%
    3...c5 872
    40.7% 27.9% 31.4%
    3...g6 105
    49.5% 24.8% 25.7%
    3...Na6 80
    48.8% 21.3% 30%
    3...e6 11
    72.7% 18.2%  
    3...Qb6 11
    27.3% 45.5% 27.3%
    3...h5 9
    77.8% 11.1% 11.1%
    3...f6 6
    33.3% 16.7% 50%
    3...a6 2
      50% 50%
    3...b6 2
    50%   50%
    3...a5 1  Hebden, M. - Surtees, M. (2009.11.22)
    3...f5 1  Evchin Maxim (UKR) - Zigura Oleg (UKR) (2003.??.??)
  • 23 months ago · Quote · #17

    Yereslov

    ChessisGood wrote:
    MoveGames
    White Wins
    Draws
    Black Wins
    3...Bf5 6,003 41.2% 28.5% 30.3% 3...c5 872 40.7% 27.9% 31.4% 3...g6 105 49.5% 24.8% 25.7% 3...Na6 80 48.8% 21.3% 30% 3...e6 11 72.7% 18.2%   3...Qb6 11 27.3% 45.5% 27.3% 3...h5 9 77.8% 11.1% 11.1% 3...f6 6 33.3% 16.7% 50% 3...a6 2   50% 50% 3...b6 2 50%   50% 3...a5 1  Hebden, M. - Surtees, M. (2009.11.22) 3...f5 1  Evchin Maxim (UKR) - Zigura Oleg (UKR) (2003.??.??)

    I still think 3...c5 is more common. A database doesn't have every single game.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #18

    nameno1had

    It does use different names than my Chessmaster uses, which I find puzzling. I will assume that both names are valid and its a matter of preference for some reason, as Yereslov is trying to do and get us to follow suit, but without the accolades to pull it off.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #19

    Yereslov

    nameno1had wrote:

    It does use different names than my Chessmaster uses, which I find puzzling. I will assume that both names are valid and its a matter of preference for some reason, as Yereslov is trying to do and get us to follow suit, but without the accolades to pull it off.

    The first one to discover it gets to name it.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #20

    nameno1had

    I tend to think others actually take the time to research for a line that a particular player plays. The player himself doesn't go look everyone. See what I came up with, especially if he is really good and has really good competition(the only players that openings and variations are named for) because none of them want to advertise or be dumb enough to do the work for their opponents to make it easier to study you. Hence the guy doing the research needs a name for the line and what could be more fitting than the guys name who uses it?


Back to Top

Post your reply: