Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Odd Move In the Ruy Lopez?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #181

jetfighter13

BTW Gavinator, Na5 is the mainline, it attacks the bishop on c4 giving black a very nice game later, this is why you dont see the fried liver. and just because a move hangs a pawn doesn't mean it is bad. there may be a reason for hangging the pawn

• 2 years ago · Quote · #182

The_Gavinator

I know Na5 is better, then you do Bb5+, why don't you actually play the lines?

Also, to bguigz, I know, and yet people like jetfighter and christiansoldier and jetfighter don't listen, I have been trying to tell them that this whole time.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #184

The_Gavinator

6 Bb5+ c6 7. dxc6 bxc6, and white is up a pawn.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #185

jetfighter13

I just learned the lines I know so I can get to a playable middle game, not so that I would be more booked up than anyone, also Na5 was the extent of my knowledge. proving that I don't go 15/20 moves deep.

I see that does make sence, but doesn't black have an easier time developing, plus I would play 7. Nxc6 for the sake of development and so I can castle to safety latter and unpin the knight

• 2 years ago · Quote · #186

The_Gavinator

Than you just do Bc4 dummy and that was useless playing Na5.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #187

EbenezerDrood

The_Gavinator wrote:

6 Bb5+ c6 7. dxc6 bxc6, and white is up a pawn.

Sure he is.  And after 8.Be2 h6 9.Nf3 e4 10.Ne5 Bd6 11.d4 exd 12.Nxd Qc7 13.h3 0-0, he's still up a pawn, and is still in the mainline.  But black has five pieces developed to white's two, and a plus score at the GM level.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #188

The_Gavinator

Just because one like goes 13 moves deep into theory and looks bad for white, doesn't mean that you can call the fried liver bad...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #189

jetfighter13

I am tired of arguing against the parham and the fried liver, I want to go against it the real way, play a game vs me. also I want to prove that the KG isn't refuted just because you give up a pawn and open your kingside. it has merrit. I will play the King's Gambit vs. anyone

• 2 years ago · Quote · #190

The_Gavinator

lol the fried liver is awesome, I'd play it if there wasn't guioco piano

• 2 years ago · Quote · #191

Tommy_H

jetfighter13 wrote:

..plus I would play 7. Nxc6 for the sake of development and so I can castle to safety latter and unpin the knight

...and after 8.BxN+ bxB, blacks queenside pawns are not looking too good.

Post your reply: