Forums

Openings

Sort:
UltimateChessWinner

later today i am going to a tornument called the megafinal XXX in the uk. becouse of this i am practising my hardest to win. but the things that scares me the most is i am not sure what good openings to use becouse i dont know  any good ones.

Do you know any good openings i could use?

plz post a game with those moves and say its name to

Thanks for reading

UltimateChessWinner

Feel free to comment!

UltimateChessWinner

are you sure about that?

ArnesonStidgeley

Hello, ultimate

Blindside's advice is fine for your level. You also might want to learn this little ditty - and follow it, "Centre pawns, Knights and Bishops, castle, connect the rooks". That's what you should be looking to move and do in the opening. There is little point offering you detailed lines since your opponents will probably deviate early on. Just develop your pieces along the lines of the above and you will be fine.

Good luck for the competition.

UltimateChessWinner

Im in my competition right now

shequan

future advice, to know just about any of the openings, latest stuff included, takes years of studying of them religiously and following all the top GM games. most aren't things you can pick up in twenty minutes. however, there are certain ways of playing that you can pick up in shorts amounts of time that won't offer any advantage, but also won't lose in the opening. and if you aren't playing someone above 2000-2200 they will be solid.

I think GM Dzindzichasvili does a good job on showing some things like this in his dvd series. he has one called "complete rapid opening repetoire for the tournament player". from what I gather it is intended for players from 1500 to around 2000ish, but not above. if I were to play in a real world tournament, I would probably use this beforehand. 

azziralc

Play openings that will suits you, study the moves that will made and who is better. For Black play the French defense this is a solid defense and easy to learn.

UltimateChessWinner

Thank you guys. I completed the tornument a few days ago from now and i can  gladly tell you i got the best in buckinghamshire!