Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

parham attack

• 2 years ago · Quote · #101

The_Gavinator

In math, yes. there is one way to do things, and that's the correct way. Chess is completely different, with infinite possibilities of strategy, positions, movements, etc...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #102

The_Gavinator

But if I want to find 2+2, there is one way to do that. If I want to checkmate someone in 10 moves, there are nearly infinite ways to do that. That's the major difference, IMs and PHDs are both knowledgeable, but chess and math are different beasts. Btw, I'm tired of wrecking people's threads, see the new one I made.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #103

jetfighter13

Gavinator do I need Batgirl to show you all of the Games FISCHER played it, he only said it sucked cause he lost to a soviet player who played it against him. He also was a loon and plus having an undefeated record with it as white is better than your example NAKA who has a shit record with it

• 2 years ago · Quote · #104

DaBigOne

jason17 wrote:
    edboardman1 wrote:

see you try and find Qh5 in books and either wall , schuller, batford seem to tell the same story, its not in the book, so it must be a bad opening or theory. Yet over the board experience tells me that it works, even in here also, with a 75 to 80 % . Which i will take that over any book player, who relys on hope chess, instead of know chess. 

did you know that 44% of statistics are made up, including yours?

Did you know that 90% percent of people believe what they read? I know its true, because I read it in a book somewhere.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #105

jetfighter13

joeydvivre wrote:

If you want to go about proving the Riemann Conjecture there are untold approaches....

I didn't know that you were at the 2+2 stage in your math.  About the same as your chess, huh?

isn't 2+2 fish

I know its actualy 4 but I couldn't resist the chance to do that

Oh and the answer for serious people is right under that answer.

By the way how do you figure out the volume of a hemisphere

V=4/3 pir squared all over 2

answer is again above for serious folks

• 2 years ago · Quote · #106

The_Gavinator

Wow joey, way to be an asshole. I'm actually on the stage of taking AP statistics and Analysis of Functions, so hop off my dick. At least I can tell the difference between chess and math.

Jetfighter, that's gonna be half the area of a sphere, so .5x(4/3)xr^3, or something like that. Taking Geometry?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #107

jetfighter13

opos see I get messed up a bit I wrote squared its cubed, actually algebra II

• 2 years ago · Quote · #108

The_Gavinator

Oh that was a fun class, I just made calculator programs the whole time

• 2 years ago · Quote · #109

The_Gavinator

alexlaw- I agree. In the two lines above you posted, the main difference is that in the Parham white is up a pawn. Also, in the Parham line you posted, which is a common one, I usually follow up with d3, then try to pin the knight. It's defending pawns have both moved, so if black doesn't play h6, or move the queen, Nd5 wins a piece.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #110

The_Gavinator

Are you serious? You're the one who started being a dick, for no real reason other than I have an opinion different then yours. Sounds a bit like hitler, eh?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #111

The_Gavinator

Yes, AP Statistics, it's a joke.... IB is also a joke, you take like 3 classes a day.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #112

The_Gavinator

Lol stop talking about shit you don't know joey, you've never played the parham

• 2 years ago · Quote · #113

The_Gavinator

Here's what you can do joey, instead of making an ass of yourself, tell me something that is better than the Parham. See my topic "Is anything better for me than the Parham?"

• 2 years ago · Quote · #114

The_Gavinator

maybe you need glasses, but please go onto the other thread. This should remain stictly parham discussion, not going off topic.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #115

jetfighter13

Ok try this variation for white

• 2 years ago · Quote · #116

gambiteer12

joeydvivre wrote:

Then Black plays ..d5 and wins.

How exactly does d5 refute the bishops gambit?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #117

The_Gavinator

IB is easy, 3 classes a day, so 3 classes of hw, two days to do it.

It's really just a stupid program they put at crappy schools to attract 50 asian kids to bring the test scores up.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #118

AnthonyCG

• 2 years ago · Quote · #119

The_Gavinator

Lol, however that's the sad truth of IB, it's not even competitive. A's B's and C's will get you in.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #120

jetfighter13

d5 does not refute the gambit, it just gives white a lot more for the pawn he sacced, take with the bishop and get the game over with

Post your reply: