Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

parham attack

• 3 years ago · Quote · #141

The_Gavinator

Actually, he specifically plays Matrix Chess, and has a 2000+ rating, I think that shows for something...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #142

jetfighter13

there is such thing as a rating floor, he would have dropped below it, had it not been for it

• 3 years ago · Quote · #143

The_Gavinator

Yes, but you don't reach a master level w/o being pretty good, so his matrix system obviously works.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #144

TonyH

errr sure but the question is did he play it while  he was a master? and did it actually limit him? clearly he hasnt maintained that level for almost 20 years. He has flat lined his rap;id and otb ratings and cannt drop below which I am sure he would. If you look at his recent stats he is probably closer to 1800-1900 at best. This is probably the result of his insistance to the matrix system. It would be interesting to know what local  masters think of him, honestly.,..

• 3 years ago · Quote · #145

The_Gavinator

He first saw chess being played in local parks. He noticed whoever got their queen out first usually won. When he went to college, he saw a relationship between vectors and chess. Then he invented the matrix system. He played this his whole chess career, because that is how he learned chess. He also reached a master level, so I'm assuming it works...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #146

whatupyodog

whaaa.... You're not a GM. whaaa.... you suck.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #147

The_Gavinator

you're an 1886, that's like 1700USCF, you're not a chess master, keep dreaming.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #148

The_Gavinator

Lol this sites ratings are inflated by like 150 points, so 1726. And Bernard Parham would crush you.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #149

The_Gavinator

We were actually just discussing how Bernard Parham became a chess master by exclusively playing 2. Qh5

• 3 years ago · Quote · #150

The_Gavinator

I don't think I'm better then chess masters, neither should you :P

• 3 years ago · Quote · #151

The_Gavinator

Idk, I thought they were both the same system.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #152

jetfighter13

no the United States has some quirks

• 3 years ago · Quote · #153

jetfighter13

nope just proved it was a razor of an opening.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #154

edboardman1

i know parham is a chessmaster, im one of his students who uses matrix to win

• 3 years ago · Quote · #155

jetfighter13

how does it work exactly

• 3 years ago · Quote · #156

The_Gavinator

Yes, I am interested in this too. I know he uses a version of vector analysis, which involves the queen and supporting pieces. Jetfighter, I recall you saying you're in algebra II, so I doubt you know vectors. They are essentialy a way of plotting line segments, you learn about them in trig. Apart from that, I don't know much about it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #157

waffllemaster

Well vectors themselves are pretty simple, maybe he tried to incorporate them in a more sophisticated way, with linear algebra or something (a class I haven't had, so I don't know).  But it (the class) uses a lot of vectors.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #158

edboardman1

the matrix pattern involves queen and knight together, plus looking at the two and from square of what just moved

• 3 years ago · Quote · #159

The_Gavinator

I think he was taking college level physics. Eboard, is there a specific formula, is it judgementally based, is there anywhere I can get a detailed description?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #160

waffllemaster

So he just wanted it to sound fancy because he happens to have a background in mathematics?  heh.

Post your reply: