Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Ponziani Opening

• 10 months ago · Quote · #1641

kantifields

ponz111 wrote:

Kant

The game above against aersley is very complex.

With the win over the Indian Maruders, Ponziani Power has a 16 game winning streak.  My guess is the win streak will end there. Does any vote chess group have a longer win streak? 

Ponziani Power vote chess strives to find and play the best teams possible.

I don't know if any team has a longer win streak.  But several team results are in my opinion more impressive.  A few undefeated teams whose average opponent ratings are higher than ours.  Also, we always have white and dictate the opening choice.  The only thing our opponents have going for them is the chance to prepare a pet line.  Unfortunately for them there are no side lines that give black an advantage.  Therefore, we will never be worse than equal.  In general, the games are our to lose.  Our pponents cannot really win.

• 10 months ago · Quote · #1642

ponz111

kantifields wrote:
    ponz111 wrote:

Kant

The game above against aersley is very complex.

With the win over the Indian Maruders, Ponziani Power has a 16 game winning streak.  My guess is the win streak will end there. Does any vote chess group have a longer win streak? 

Ponziani Power vote chess strives to find and play the best teams possible.

I don't know if any team has a longer win streak.  But several team results are in my opinion more impressive.  A few undefeated teams whose average opponent ratings are higher than ours.  Also, we always have white and dictate the opening choice.  The only thing our opponents have going for them is the chance to prepare a pet line.  Unfortunately for them there are no side lines that give black an advantage.  Therefore, we will never be worse than equal.  In general, the games are our to lose.  Our pponents cannot really win.

I don't know about that.  Actually I disagree.  But we will see...

Good luck to my former team Ponziani Power and also to their opponents.

• 10 months ago · Quote · #1643

kantifields

if our streak does end with our current game, it will be because of conscious decision to play for a win instead of stearing into a dead draw.  That is my point; the game is ours to lose.

• 10 months ago · Quote · #1644

ryszardos

Read nearly the whole thread and it has a really bad karma. Almost the whole thread is about the book, ponz111 and the ponziani group. Can you talk about the opening again? I would really like to learn it.

• 10 months ago · Quote · #1645

ponz111

ryszardos   There are two good ways to learn about the Ponziani.  One is the book on the Ponziani. Another way is to apply to join Ponziani Power vote chess team. There is a ton of information about how to play the Ponziani in their forums.

It is beyond the scope of this forum to teach the various lines. However some lines get mentioned from time to time.

• 9 months ago · Quote · #1648

kantifields

A recent voctory from the black side:

Unfortunately I can not annotate my games lately.

• 9 months ago · Quote · #1649

ponz111

Kant that looks very similar to a line I played in Ponz says he can refute the Ponziani.

It would be extremely difficult for even a grandmaster to annotate that game.

• 9 months ago · Quote · #1650

kantifields

It looks similar to very many games played by many people. 

I just meant posting some comments.  Lately I can only post comments on side lines.

• 9 months ago · Quote · #1651

TitanCG

kantifields wrote:

It looks similar to very many games played by many people. 

I just meant posting some comments.  Lately I can only post comments on side lines.

Do you have javascript on and is it the latest version? Sometimes it can cause weird glitches.

• 9 months ago · Quote · #1652

kantifields

I update, so probably if it's dree.

• 8 months ago · Quote · #1655

kantifields

• 8 months ago · Quote · #1656

kantifields

Brian I do not unerstand the 8. Rg1!! idea at all.

• 8 months ago · Quote · #1657

Expertise87

I have a game where my opponent played Nxf2 and got a lost position but on 7.Qd5 he played 7...Qe7! and there I am convinced White can get no more than a small edge and this may be a fine way for Black to play. He blundered several times afterwards though.

• 8 months ago · Quote · #1658

kantifields

A recent game:

• 4 months ago · Quote · #1659

ponz111

Swan Song For The Ponziani?

VC World vs Ponziani Power

• 4 months ago · Quote · #1660

Pastuszek

Thx ponz!

Post your reply: