Ponziani Opening

Sort:
1068bobibu

another:

1068bobibu
[COMMENT DELETED]
transpo

1068bobibu,

You ruined my surprise.  I like to share info. using the Socratic Method (answer a question with a question)  That way people think for themselves.  The ownership of original ideas is very important to huma beings.  Even if they discover later that they came up a really ingenious way to reinvent the wheel.

As Arnold Swarznegger says in the movie "Kindergarten Cop", "...I'm the party pooper!..."

transpo
joeydvivre wrote:
transpo wrote:
ponz111 wrote:

tramspo now I am certain you do not have a clue...[with your 3. c3  d5

4. Qa4 looks dubious to you]

Well, why don't we let someone, say your assistant or some strong player play the Black side after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.Qe2 or after the line I prefer 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.c3 (indirectly defends the e4 pawn.)  It is similar to how White defends the e4 pawn indirectly in the Ruy Lopez with 0-0.

Huh?

The 4. Qe2 is well-known and just equal for white.

The 4. c3 line just drops a pawn for minimal compensation.

Well, look who it is, chess engine cheater troll.

I think I'll post all of the post on the topic where Firepwer8 is the OP, where you chickened out from playing a position against me.  The reason of course if you couldn't arrive at the position with conditional moves you couldn't use your chess engine.  

You troll around and post about things you haven't got a clue about.  Back it up troll.  Post some variations on the variation I posted.  

ponz111

transpose this is a discussion of the Ponziani Opening--not the Giuocco Piano.

transpo

You are the OP.  I would appreciate a response to my post that the Goring Gambit Declined move order up to 3...Nf6 transposes with 4.Bc4 instead of 4.d4 to the move order I suggested.

ponz111 wrote:

transpo you are trying to tranpose to a Ponziani?? I am starting to think you do not have a clue??  Now the Ponziani [being only 3 moves] can transpose into opening of more than 3 moves  -- here is an example

1. e4  e5  2. Nf3  Nc6  3. c3  Nf6  4. d4  exd4 5. e5  Ne4 6. Qe2 and now we have a variation of the Goring Gambit Declined.

I do see after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.c3 Nf6 4.Bc4 and We have transposed in to the same line that I have been proposing 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.c3. In fact after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.c3 Nf6, it is the Poziani just a different move order.

Of course with my move order it is White to move and he has the option of 4.c3 or 4.Qe2.  Also the Q on e2 is not blocking in the B on f1 as in the Goring Gambit Declined 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.c3 Nf6 4.d4 exd4 5.Ne4 Qe2 and you still have the pawn at d2 to drive the N on e4 away from his post if Black defenfs with d5 or f5.

transpo
[COMMENT DELETED]
transpo
pfren wrote:

I'm sorry to say that only Freddy Krueger would play 4.c3 after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6.

Well, since you don't like 4.c3, let's look at 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.Qe2

In fact, we can even look at 4.0-0 

ponz111

I hope he is gggooonnneee!

transpo
ponz111 wrote:

I hope he is gggooonnneee!

Ok, I'm going to be polite.  But remember you never answered:

1. e4  e5  2. Nf3  Nc6  3. c3  Nf6  4. d4  exd4 5. e5  Ne4 6. Qe2 and now we have a variation of the Goring Gambit Declined.

I do see after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.c3 Nf6 4.Bc4 and We have transposed in to the same line that I have been proposing 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.c3. In fact after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.c3 Nf6, it is the Poziani just a different move order.

Of course with my move order it is White to move and he has the option of 4.c3 or 4.Qe2.  Also the Q on e2 is not blocking in the B on f1 as in the Goring Gambit Declined 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.c3 Nf6 4.d4 exd4 5.Ne4 Qe2 and you still have the pawn at d2 to drive the N on e4 away from his post if Black defenfs with d5 or f5.

coolking777
ponz111

I am not one to swear....but I cannot keep up with all your nonsense--you have too many errors--too many stupid statements...and you go off subject to boot...Frown

ponz111

after 3. c3  f5  4. exf5 is my favorite reply.  However the main lines 3. c3  f5  4. d4 are good also.

If you are worried about the complications after 3. c3  d5  4. Qa4  f6 you can play 5. d3 and then you have a closed type of game where

black Pawn on f6 hurts his development and plans.

If you see 3. c3  d5  4. Qa4  Bd7 5. exd5 Nd4  6. Qd1  Nxf6+ 7. Qxf6 is a will known line. I invite you to join our team Ponziani Power.

we are currently playing a game with that line and also a game with the 4. ... f6 line plus another game in vote chess. You can play and vote with us or just watch the games. You will learn a lot.

also other information on how to play the Ponziani is in our forum etc. 

ponz111
ponz111
Tin-Cup

Hey Ponz111 or anyone else can you please post some games or lines with Black playing 3...f5, this line has always made me somewhat uncomfortable. I've heard that 4.e4xf5 is considered good, though I just don't know enough to really play this odd-looking move. I always play 4.d4 to keep the initiative. Is this good?

ponz111
ponz111
ponz111

Hi, Fireband. Your line is interesting and a little complex. I will have to study it.

BTW you are a very nice chess artist!

ponz111

Hi, Firebrand--the exchange sac you gave--well I looked at it for 3 hours and could not find a refutation or even a line for White that would equalize!

So it means I will have to scrap the 6. d3 line!

But, this got me thinking--how to rehabilitate?  And now I think I have come up with a variation nobody has played before!  I will wait til it comes up in vote chess and will ask the team I am on to play this new variation.   

ThankCool you for helping me start my creative juices! Cool