Forums

The Bongcloud strikes again!

Sort:
KillaBeez

The Bongcloud is a formidable weapon against an unprepared player.  In this game, White shows the decisiveness of the Queen's pawn Bongcloud, a reversed variation of Lenny's Black repertoire.

Arctor

You have far too much time on your hands

Conquistador

dashkee94

Greatest annotations I've ever read.  I love the Alekhine-Tartakower comment; I'm still laughing over it!  Great post; thanks!

Conquistador

I recently played a game in the Bongcloud.  It didn't have the satisfying king march to victory, but it was a strategic victory.

Archaic71

Not enough exclamation points after 7. Kd3, that was the kind of move that would have players from throughout the room leaving their boards to gather around.

A mighty king indeed.  As Steinitz said "the king is a fighting piece!"

The bongcloud is essentially just an accelerated endgame with a fierce attack from a centralized king before the opponent even realizes the endgame has begun.

Well played sir, well played.

MrHARVEY

Daring !

KillaBeez
Archaic71 wrote:

Not enough exclamation points after 7. Kd3, that was the kind of move that would have players from throughout the room leaving their boards to gather around.

A mighty king indeed.  As Steinitz said "the king is a fighting piece!"

The bongcloud is essentially just an accelerated endgame with a fierce attack from a centralized king before the opponent even realizes the endgame has begun.

Well played sir, well played.

As Steinitz was quoted as saying,

"Men play the Ruy Lopez.  Real men play the King's Gambit.  Champions play the Bongcloud."  So true!

BirdBrain

You would have made Steinitz proud with this!

Vyomo

Is the Bongcloud a joke? 

e4 e5 Ke2?? Nf6! Nc3 d5! and black gets an advantage.

jason17
Vyomo wrote:

Is the Bongcloud a joke? 

e4 e5 Ke2?? Nf6! Nc3 d5! and black gets an advantage.

Does it look like a joke to you?

Vyomo

Yes!

Grobzilla

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/the-life-and-times-of-lennybongcloud---and-ratings?lc=1#last_comment

billwall
Grobzilla

Bongcloud Queen Trap. Nice!