Forums

The Parham Gambit

Sort:
Eris_Discordia

Look at post 557 on the Scotch thread.

The_Gavinator

And then we went on to show that white is much better.

Eris_Discordia

Only you and whatup think white is better. Maybe the only way to solve this is to let Houdini or Rybka play the Parham, since you aren't ready to listen to  people (Even IMs and Russians).

The_Gavinator
SeymourSchwartz
Eris_Discordia wrote:

Only you and whatup think white is better. Maybe the only way to solve this is to let Houdini or Rybka play the Parham, since you aren't ready to listen to  people (Even IMs and Russians).

If I tell you 1.a3 is checkmate, you gonna spend 500 pages telling me it ain't?

They don't think white's no good.  They just trollin.  Stop playin along.  I hate to see anybody wastin good time.

Eris_Discordia

Thanks, I guess I am wasting my time. GoodBye. 

SeymourSchwartz

You alright.  Go play some chess and have fun.

SeymourSchwartz

I like helpin people.

You all alright.  I got to go beat some suckas.

finalunpurez

i agree with everything helzeth said.

The_Gavinator

You all think the Parham is so bad, and Helzeth's line gets ran over by the board I recently posted. I don't get it.

SeymourSchwartz

You simple son?  I just helped helzeth out.  Ask him.  Why the hell I wanna go and ban him now?  He alright.

Ain't so sure bout you.  You playin some kinda game.

The_Gavinator

And Alexlaw, I've done nothing wrong, whereas Helzeth trolled for about two pages.

SeymourSchwartz

Oh hush boy.  I look around, you been trollin for about ten threads.  Might as well own it.

The_Gavinator

See, the thing is I don't troll. I'm simply trying to share an idea, which gets trolled down by them. I wouldn't mind if they actually posted lines/boards, but they just like to say it sucks and make personal attacks. Who sounds like the trolls there?

Huskie99

Yeah - I don't get it either.  I've never played the Parham so I have no idea what it is about, but if people think the Parham is so bad then why are they wasting their time on a forum thread that discusses it?  Reading/posting on forums is a voluntary activity and you guys obviously aren't going to convince Gavinator that he is wrong - so what is the point in arguing with the guy?   Where do people get the idea that it is their duty to rid chess.com of any discussion that is not to their liking?   Thank you Seymour for bringing some sanity to this thread!

Huskie99

Alex - I appreciate that you have a strong feeling about the Parham, but doesn't the fact that there have been 900 posts without an admission of failure on their part indicate that they probably aren't going to admit it even if there are 900 more posts?   What argument against the Parham hasn't been tried yet in the prior 900 posts that you think will covnince them? 

If they still don't believe you after all that, then they probably never will - which means you're wasting your time.   As for people who are annoyed with these two - they always have the option of ignoring them and reading another thread.  :)

The_Gavinator

I would admit if I was wrong, if I was proven wrong.

Pokervane
Huskie99 wrote:

Alex - I appreciate that you have a strong feeling about the Parham, but doesn't the fact that there have been 900 posts without an admission of failure on their part indicate that they probably aren't going to admit it even if there are 900 more posts?   What argument against the Parham hasn't been tried yet in the prior 900 posts that you think will covnince them? 

If they still don't believe you after all that, then they probably never will - which means you're wasting your time.   As for people who are annoyed with these two - they always have the option of ignoring them and reading another thread.  :)

And you have the same option to ignore the detractors so all you've done is exactly what you are objecting to.

hankas

Well, the lines that alex (and probably others as well) has put certainly prove that white has no substantial gain from this attack and black has nothing to worry about. However, to take advantage of white's waste of tempo probably requires a bit of creativity. I am thinking in the line of 1.e4 e5, 2.Qh5 Nf6!, 3.Qxe5+ Be7, 4.Nc3 Nc6, 5.Qg3 O-O, 6.e5 Nh5, 7.Qf3 g6 (White is severely behind development, and white's e5 pawn is too expensive to defend. It will fall soon or later). I am pretty sure that black's earlier pawn sacrifice is fully compensated. Let me know what you guys think.

gambiteer12