Forums

The Queenside Fried Liver

Sort:
The_Gavinator

A very good Opening. This might even be better than the Bongcloud. This will defenitly dominate any player that faces this, from FIDE 100-4000!

whatupyodog

This is probably the greatest opening ever. There is absolutely no defense for it. Boris Spasky used to play this and that was probably why he was world champion. Of course until fischer came along and used it against him. This opening is the key to becoming a GM.

The_Gavinator

This is one of the most aggressive, soundest, strongest openings of all time. Please chess.com community, give your opinions on this wonderful opening!

whatupyodog

i have started playing this opening every game and have a 98% win ratio while playing it. This opening is very dynamic and flexible and puts black at a complete disadvantage so great that white would have a hard time losing after playing this.

whatupyodog

i just watched this opening from blacks point of veiw and even playing all the right moves you are in a much worse position and have to struggle the rest of the game.

senor_ananas

I really hope this is a joke. In one of the best online chess databases, only 1 (one) of over 630 000 games follows the first three moves (six half moves). Maybe it is because in this "variation" black plays like a monkey.

BTW, in that only game Black wins by checkmate on move 30. http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1627806

But OK, in that game White plays well, but certainly not chess.

whatupyodog

i certainly hope that post was a joke. White played like crap in that game and was doing fine for the moves he did following the line. white just didnt capitalize on its superior position in that game

whatupyodog
pfren wrote:

senor_ananas is wrong. My monkey would certainly not play 3...Nc6, she is not that stupid.

Other than that, that opening can be lethal: There is a great danger that any sane Black will die from laughter when he faces this junk.

You are right that this opening can be lethal but it is lethal from the great threat it poses to black that is near impossible to stop.Also im pretty sure nc6 is the main line in this great opening.

whatupyodog

thank you

whatupyodog

Is there a black version for this? The_Gavinator please respond or anyone else with info on it.

AlecES

Do you realise the point of the second moves of each player.  2.Nc3 is not played with the threat 3.Nxd5 as that would be met with 3...Qxd5 and you would be down a knight.  The idea of moving the knight to c3 is to support the advance e2-e4.

I hope that this makes you rethink the whole line as the reason behind the moves make the continuation different. The move 3....Nc6 is a move without purpouse as it only attacks a defended pawn.

senor_ananas

well, IM pfren, probably you don't remember, but you and I have some things in which we didn't find a conclusion (to be........... not so drunk that I am..) anyway, now I understand that you are not a bad person, you just write your opinions in a rude way. But who cares, you are right, so we patzers have to (should!!!) take your advice even if you are telling anything... now I am sure that you have many things to tell me and I just have to listen if I want to get better. Thank you for your dumbass time you spent with us" ;)

whatupyodog

AlecEs i dont think you can judge this opening based on your rating and e4 is pointless because it nullifies the attack and nc6 is the main line for black. This opening is almost unstoppable.

whatupyodog

g5 hangs a pawn and gives white a position that a novice could hold off a gm with

DrSpudnik
pfren wrote:

Other than that, that opening can be lethal: There is a great danger that any sane Black will die from laughter when he faces this junk.

What a genius move! If your opponent dies at the board, they lose on time!

Crazychessplaya

We need to alert the Chess Informant editors to this novelty. Maybe there is time to include it in the 113th issue?

Augurinus
[COMMENT DELETED]
ChessisGood

Stupid, the pawn is protected Tongue out

RetiFan

My knowledge of the theory suggests that 3. ... Bf5 solves blacks problems by giving a reverse Guioco Piano. Maybe 3. Bg5, flipped Spanish, is also good.Cool

The_Gavinator

Yes Yavuz, but with Bf5, White can still go ahead with Nb5, as there is no queen attacking the knight, one of the infinite beauties of this opening. It seems like no one has been able to find a proper refutation for this opening, as it is unstoppable. This opening is also the only one in chess, as backed by an IM, to cause the death of an opponent due to its awesomeness. I would highly recommend this opening to players of all levels, as it causes an almost instantaneous win for white.