Forums

The Queenside Fried Liver

Sort:
Ben_Dubuque

so I sugest the flipped Evan's Gambit 4. g4 !

The_Gavinator

jetfighter, why gambit away a pawn when the qsfl (queen side fried liver) can gain you a pawn instantly, or even a rook?

Ben_Dubuque

because then you will want to play actively plus any sensable Black player will see this and relize that you are a patzer, plus now you can get away with a move as rediculous as f3

aljay007

yeah its not hard for a half decent black player to defend this oppening, people try this on here all the time to no avail.

The_Gavinator

There's no use in doing a reverse evan's gambit, by the time they've done bf5 you can play nb5 and win a pawn, rook, or force their knight to a terrible a6 square. Also, f3 just hinders the development of white's knight, and possibly its queen, as qf3 eyes the d5 square along with b7.

Ben_Dubuque

ever consider that this opening is a joke, lol, also I have no like for d4 plus actually look at some of my games, does that look like a total patzer to you,(yes I still make horrid Blunders, the only differance is that I make more than most, and I can hold my own against much stronger opposition)

Ben_Dubuque

or maybe my comment was a joke

wuhw23

i don't think anyone would be dumb enough to fall for this stupid trap. also, if this opening was so good, why don't gms do this every game?Because it's not a good opening!!!!!!!!!

whatupyodog

Gms switch up their openings every game and plenty of people fall for this trap and even if they dont whites position is much better than blacks. But based on your rating i would say you dont think a better position means anything.

Ben_Dubuque

I would say that any d4 player should not be looking for tactics, instead he should be looking to bore his opponent to death, not win

General_Tapioca

Of course it's a joke, nothing is better than the Bongcloud!

damongross

Now if I just knew what the bongcloud is I would be all set!!!

The_Gavinator

Bongcloud: 1 e4 e5 2 Ke2, definetly more intimidation factor, but less dangerous and not known to cause death of the opponent. And this isn't completely for beginners, there are good aspects, after d4 d5 nc3 nf6 bf4 nc6?, there's not much that black can do. If they don't get forked, they still will have to forfeit a pawn after nb5. It's such a wonderful opening, so much power. This might even be able to best the Parham Attack, (Matrix System).

wuhw23

whatupyodog, my rating is so low because i listen to lectures and read articles when i play chess online. my uscf rating is 1733 . you're rating isn't too impressive either

whatupyodog

wuhw my rating isnt impressive because i dont play chess on this site i only use to find great openings like this one in forums and my uscf is 1978. It was only 1923 before i started playing this opening though. Ive said it before and ill say it again, this opening is the key to becoming a GM.

Ben_Dubuque

at the 1900 level you need to start looking at how to attack doubled, backward, and isolated pawns along with trying to squeeze your opponent to death

whatupyodog

At your level you need to work on not criticizing better players and start learning better openings such as the queenside fried liver or the parham attack.

Ben_Dubuque

I happen to be quite happy with 1. e4 and the KG. much more naturual, and I am looking to have fun, not bore myself to death, yes I want to get good, but what is the point when you are dead because you don't have a certain level of excitement in the game

whatupyodog

i would like to thank you the gavinator because pretty much any variation of this that happens when i play this puts me into a winning position. Thank you for showing me this opening

whatupyodog

For all of you nonbelievers of this opening, this is a recent game where won as white using this opening against a very good defender in an alternate line.